British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is his Polish team not top league then? Still have to talk to Poole about loan fee. Sounds like Brady has decided he is off to the Midlands, whoever decision it is! 

no it's not top league but makes no difference correct any loan fee goes to poole !! but if b/vue want him they will ask him if he refuses fair enough he may have been tapped up by leicester who knows ?? but going off the match interview last after we won he was very happy and he is captain also laughing pulling lamberts leg saying he was average lol but it does seem b/vue want lambert along with Dan next season ? that's if the poles relax their rules ? either way we will have a team to beat what will be will be !! 

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Richard Greer and Carl Johnson are the promoters of Peterborough 

King's Lynn Keith Chapman, Robin Brundle & Dale Allitt

But its Busters cash pulling the strings

13 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Max Clegg in a reserve berth? Seems to be going nicely around the track in last few meetings and always put the effort in.

Don't think so. He's getting better but not for prem

30 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Cant see Mountain and Thompson if its going to be 42.5 limit 

Because their average too high or too low? 

29 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Max Clegg in a reserve berth? Seems to be going nicely around the track in last few meetings and always put the effort in.

Don't think so. He's getting better but not for prem

47 minutes ago, TTT said:

Brady Kurtz

Chris Harris

Richie Worrall

Scott Nicholls

Connor Mountain

+2 others imo.

One heat leader in that group- far too weak and (sorry to say) long in the tooth to be a team contending for anything which is not what Dickson will be planning for. 

40 minutes ago, GAH said:

no it's not top league but makes no difference correct any loan fee goes to poole !! but if b/vue want him they will ask him if he refuses fair enough he may have been tapped up by leicester who knows ?? but going off the match interview last after we won he was very happy and he is captain also laughing pulling lamberts leg saying he was average lol but it does seem b/vue want lambert along with Dan next season ? that's if the poles relax their rules ? either way we will have a team to beat what will be will be !! 

Think Lambert & Bewleys averages will be reassessed for next season as they are both in the top 6 in the world

26 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Think Lambert & Bewleys averages will be reassessed for next season as they are both in the top 6 in the world

bewley is already 9.1  they didn't reassess doyle to ipswich !! lamberts will be still lower than fricke's 8.4 anyway !!

That's the one big positive for the lions. We have Stewart Dickson...he wouldn't agree to moving up if it meant an average team was put out. So atleast leicester maybe quite ambitious atleast. Stewart is no mug. I could see a grand Prix rider coming or the next basso ? Any ideas who could be available? I'm assuming some riders have already been spoken too if this has been the plan for a while

• Like 1

When the Lions dropped down to the championship it was quite a relief for many of their fans who were very much fed up with their team being the whipping boys of the prem and frankly bored with seeing the same team visiting twice a season plus again in KO matches. Similarly, many were skeptical at the move down because having been there previously the racing had not been particularly good to say the least.  
However, in the ensuing years, the track has been changed sufficiently to provide racing beyond recognition to what came before that, and the racing in the Championship has been excellent on many occasions. It has also been refreshing to see different teams in league meetings - in other words a variety of entertainment.
Now that the decision has been made to move back to the top flight, it remains to be seen if other clubs will do likewise so that the repetitious nature of same teams visiting can be avoided. If so and presuming that Dickson does what he always does - put together a very competitive team, then all will be good for Premiership racing to make a welcome return. 
Regarding Thursday night being race nights, this will not be a factor that affects attendance numbers, if the team is successful then the fans will come - school day or not - example, just see how many kids were at the City v Forest game last night. 

boys and 

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I wish Leicester well, especially now that speedway must be the number one sport in the City  :D

What about the basketball!!!

I think it’s a good move, they have obviously done the sums and have good backing with JCB so why not do it. Saturday night speedway with everything else you can do these days even before you think of the grand prix’s is worth the risk. You lose some fans but you also gain some, plus once a few have calmed down and see the team they put out maybe they will have a change of heart. 
It’s a well run club and I’m sure they won’t be short on riders wanting to join, Dan Thompson is definitely worth keeping and it just depends on the rest of this years team who double up as to what they want to do. Personally I think Nicholls would be a bargain, especially at home as he won’t be at Peterborough next season.

Interesting times and to the unhappy Leicester fans just count yourself lucky. Being a Coventry fan I miss Brandon and my speedway up there, I go to Leicester now and again but it’s not the same. They are not my club, and I’m sure Swindon, Lakeside, Eastbourne.. the list goes on would agree. Enjoy what you have in front of you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Because their average too high or too low? 

I think both are low and Leicester will go with one weaker reserve and someone else who could perhaps score well at 6 or 2

Bates has history with Vaculik and Pedersen so potentially you could have Vaculik, Kurtz with Lawson/Worrall at 2 & 4 Nicholls and Thompson at 6 &7 would leave so someone at 3

Not sure what's left it its 42.5

One things for sure though will definitely visit once next season