British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

11 hours ago, Col said:

There is a rumour that RS's from last year who are no longer on the RS list (not that it has been published AFAIK) get 25% off their average.

I thought that was if the RS scheme was dropped which it hasn’t been

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I thought that was if the RS scheme was dropped which it hasn’t been

Dunno. But Brennan, Flint & Mountain the successes of the RS scheme may struggle to get a team spot now they're ineligible for an RS berth.... which doesn't really make the scheme work does it?

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Dunno. But Brennan, Flint & Mountain the successes of the RS scheme may struggle to get a team spot now they're ineligible for an RS berth.... which doesn't really make the scheme work does it?

-25 % i don't know

The only issue with Fricke is his hopelessness in heat 1!  I don't know how many 1-5's Belle Vue conceded in heat 1 with Fricke & Etheridge but it seemed to be a weekly occurrence!

After that he's great.

Might be wrong on this but I think he rode at Leicester towards the end of 2011 season for an Edinburgh team, which would have been among his first public appearances on UK tracks - unless I'm getting him mixed up with a different Max?

7 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Might be wrong on this but I think he rode at Leicester towards the end of 2011 season for an Edinburgh team, which would have been among his first public appearances on UK tracks - unless I'm getting him mixed up with a different Max?

Yes, he rode as a guest at Leicester some years ago and I remember being impressed. Perhaps someone can remember when it was.

9 hours ago, Col said:

The only issue with Fricke is his hopelessness in heat 1!  I don't know how many 1-5's Belle Vue conceded in heat 1 with Fricke & Etheridge but it seemed to be a weekly occurrence!

After that he's great.

Sussing out the track no doubt.Some riders don’t like being in Ht 1.Rules state Top of averages has to ride at No1.,don’t know why though,does it really make any difference.

10 hours ago, Col said:

No it doesn’t, it would be such a shame if they get pushed aside. All 3 have shown such promise this year. I would be very surprised if BV don’t retain the services of Tom whatever.

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Rules state Top of averages has to ride at No1.,don’t know why though,does it really make any difference.

Stupid rule; takes some of the craft away from being a team manager.

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Sussing out the track no doubt.Some riders don’t like being in Ht 1.Rules state Top of averages has to ride at No1.,don’t know why though,does it really make any difference.

Putting the highest average rider at 1 ensures that the two number 1s meet at least twice - for an exciting opening heat and a big Ht 13 (hopefully :-) )

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

Putting the highest average rider at 1 ensures that the two number 1s meet at least twice - for an exciting opening heat and a big Ht 13 (hopefully :-) )

Personally I can understand riders sussing out the Track in Ht1 especially if they miss the gate.Nobody rides the outside line at most tracks in the early Heats as the grip is usually on the inside anyway.

6 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

As opposed to putting your best rider at #5 where they would ride with the reserves?

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Personally I can understand riders sussing out the Track in Ht1 especially if they miss the gate.Nobody rides the outside line at most tracks in the early Heats as the grip is usually on the inside anyway.

Indeed so why waste the race in which the best two riders meet, when the track is less suited to racing.

• Like 1