British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

11 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Seems like a load of old excuses to me sorry. He showed promise a few seasons ago, but like Heeps, seems to now be stuck in reverse. We’ll agree to disagree. 

A quote by someone clearly not in the know of what is behind the scenes

tbh Allen should have maybe not returned from his scaphoid injury last season and given himself more recovery time but when your only income is Speedway then needs must and thats going to affect any riders scoring when carrying or getting over injuries, I guess its quite easy to sit at a keyboard and criticise 

What is Allen on to start the season 6.80? I think in the Championship he will end up 7.40+  if he gets a premiership slot he starts on a 4.00 and can see him getting into the 5.25+ if starting at reserve, going from what I said previous I think it was Heeps & Rowe in the team with Kemp at no.7 and you had Allen/Heeps & Rowe who all needed to spend time riding at 6 at one point, Heeps & Rowe managed it and despite a strong start to that season Allen then had a poor finish

Proof will be in the pudding this season

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 10:38 AM, iainb said:

Not sure he's captain material... seems a bit moany whenever he's interviewed, I suppose the obvious choice is Bomber but, much as I love him, he's a bit of a mercenary these days. There's no other obvious choice really

Moany? Are you having a laugh?

Maybe his honesty and straight talking Isn't to your liking?

36 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

Moany? Are you having a laugh?

Maybe his honesty and straight talking Isn't to your liking?

Just speaking how he comes across to me. Don't want negativity from your Captain 

On 12/2/2022 at 12:56 PM, wtf said:

If you want to believe that they do all or any of those things that's fine

That’s exactly what Rory Schlein  was like as captain of Wolves, would come out with Leon after meetings to give help him with his set up etc and the same with Nathan Greaves, if I remember rightly he helped Nathan build a new bike from spares in his shed after he smashed both his up in a week. Iainb is absolutely right, that’s what a captains role is, there’s no point having one if it’s not.

Nick would be a great captain. Knows the track better than anyone else ( track record holder) . His equipment is great, always speaks his mind and wants to win. Think a few years ago he called out a few riders at Leicester for not trying hard enough. 

With Zach cook making the jump to wolves I'm assuming Ben Cook with make the jump as well. Interesting to see if he ends up in lions colours. Would be a nice surprise 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t disagree but it’ll probably be another aussie with a lot more experience & a low average 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

I don’t disagree but it’ll probably be another aussie with a lot more experience & a low average 

The sedgehammer?

49 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

The sedgehammer?

Ty The Proctologist Proctor? :D

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any update on the final 1-5 member?

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

The sedgehammer?

Maybe. I don’t know but perhaps Jake Allen is the more likely pick. 

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Ty The Proctologist Proctor? :D

Nope its John Titman

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Nope its John Titman

Johnny "the trouser" Boulger?

16 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Maybe. I don’t know but perhaps Jake Allen is the more likely pick. 

Think I'd prefer sedgmen..he looked decent sound Leicester last year.

If anyone went to the track yesterday to buy a season ticket I would be interested to know if there was a queue and if there was any sign of any track or lighting improvements.