British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

2 hours ago, DiveBomb said:

I've heard every rumour under the sun. It was hot topic in the stands last night and I still don't have a solid answer, but from what I heard the most last night is that he was using cannabis oil to treat injuries. It tested positive of course. I also heard his urine sample was full of cold water but again only heard it from one person. Still don't know if that's what happened only nick Morris will know the answer. I imagine he's going through alot of mental struggles right now as I know speedway is his life and income. 

If speedway is his only income then you’d think he’d be extra careful not to jeopardize his career, if he has been taking something he shouldn’t (which is all speculation and we may never fully find out the truth) and he knew he might fail said test if he got asked to do one surely he would’ve been better off saying he was ill miss 7 days racing than potentially throw your whole career away.

• Like 1

Just now, bloom89 said:

If speedway is his only income then you’d think he’d be extra careful not to jeopardize his career, if he has been taking something he shouldn’t (which is all speculation and we may never fully find out the truth) and he knew he might fail said test if he got asked to do one surely he would’ve been better off saying he was ill miss 7 days racing than potentially throw your whole career away.

That's what I was thinking also. I just keep thinking why nick why nick? Must have panicked or something Im not sure. 

14 minutes ago, DiveBomb said:

That's what I was thinking also. I just keep thinking why nick why nick? Must have panicked or something Im not sure. 

I guess we’ll never know. Hopefully it’s just a case of Ben Barker and he’s just been overloading on painkillers to recover from injuries. 

On Monday Eurosport's Premier League Table had Leicester as having lost 3 times this season. Surely this should have been 2. Presume they regarded the home draw against Belle Vue who won the Super Heat as a loss.

13 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Morris refused to comply with the test requirement. At that instant he took the matter into his own hands so I don’t see why other parties should be wasting their time investigating this further to assess whether the punishment should extend beyond the mandatory 30 day ban. Random testing is part and parcel of professional sport (even speedway falls into that category) and if you’re dumb enough to refuse a test it’s an admission that you have something to hide. I don’t see why the situation needs to be more complex than that. Serve him with the maximum ban/fine and move on.

I know the hearing is not a court of law but  Morris  (or his solicitor) is entitled to put his side of the story before any decision is made. 

3 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

On Monday Eurosport's Premier League Table had Leicester as having lost 3 times this season. Surely this should have been 2. Presume they regarded the home draw against Belle Vue who won the Super Heat as a loss.

Should always be 2 points for a home win and a point for a draw. A simple table which is always easy to read and understand. 

Peterborough manage against the odds to get a point at Wolverhampton and deservedly so and somehow end up losing the meeting!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tracy Bird said:

I was told a couple of days after the meeting by a rider who was at Birmingham  last weds that morris refused to take a second test.

On a general point re testing to WADA standards & the presumption that Nick was asked to provide a urine test.
Under such situations the person is asked to provide one sample whist being supervised. He/she is then asked to divide the specimen into two containers labelled A&B. he/she then closes and secures the containers before giving them to the supervising person and completes the appropriate paperwork. There is no "second" sample requested. The samples are then sent away to a laboratory - no testing is carried out on site. 
To speculate.
If a person has drank a lot of water the urine can become "too dilute" to be regarded as acceptable (this bit is true). The supervisor may recognise this fact (speculation) and request a second test, but I am not certain if this then supersedes the first test (I myself have only had to provide first test samples) I am not even sure if it is possible for the supervisor to actually recognise too diluted urine hence the speculation.
Alternatively, NM may have not produced enough urine (us blokes know what its like when somebody is looking over your shoulder) and was asked to provide more to reach the required volume - it is quite a bit.
So what remains to be established is why was NM asked to provide a second sample - The people who do the collecting know what they are doing so it would be difficult to understand why such a request was made unless there was legitimate grounds for doing so.  

So it sounds like he is guilty as charged you only dodge testing if you know you have done something wrong so obviously he has lumped in his pants over it, needs the maximum penalty thrown at him also if traces of foul play were found in first test then he deserves everything he gets.

It's funny how people backing the move to the premiership were saying ' oh it's better than beating everyone week n week out easily ' . Guess what? We're doing that again ! 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 4:37 PM, DiveBomb said:

It's funny how people backing the move to the premiership were saying ' oh it's better than beating everyone week n week out easily ' . Guess what? We're doing that again ! 

I first got into the sport about 1974 and the last 2 or 3 years are the best I can remember for the Lions.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 1:34 PM, ArthurRudge said:

So it sounds like he is guilty as charged you only dodge testing if you know you have done something wrong so obviously he has lumped in his pants over it, needs the maximum penalty thrown at him also if traces of foul play were found in first test then he deserves everything he gets.

In my view he should be allowed to put his side of the story before people rush to judgement.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, LionsFan said:

In my view he should be allowed to put his side of the story before people rush to judgement.

Well he's had plenty of time to conjure up some 'bull-sh#t' excuse!

20 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Well he's had plenty of time to conjure up some 'bull-sh#t' excuse!

It's all rumour and speculation at the moment, I don't know if any posters on this forum are aware of the facts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LionsFan said:

It's all rumour and speculation at the moment, I don't know if any posters on this forum are aware of the facts.

This is Speedway, you should know that the vast majority of posters just make things up, or know someone who knows a certain person's grandma, so it must be true. 

• Like 1