British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

People calling for an end to the season by late August/ mid Sept. They say that October is when the weather turns and they look back over the summer with rose tinted glasses, remembering how lovely the weather was? I seem to remember late June, most of July and quite a few days in August being mostly crap weather with lots of rain about.

As Woofy would say, "it is what it is" and British weather will always be very hard to predict. Some October's have been as dry as a bone and I quite enjoy speedway when the nights are fast drawing in and there are four guys racing under floodlights. 

9 minutes ago, Tinker said:

People calling for an end to the season by late August/ mid Sept. They say that October is when the weather turns and they look back over the summer with rose tinted glasses, remembering how lovely the weather was? I seem to remember late June, most of July and quite a few days in August being mostly crap weather with lots of rain about.

As Woofy would say, "it is what it is" and British weather will always be very hard to predict. Some October's have been as dry as a bone and I quite enjoy speedway when the nights are fast drawing in and there are four guys racing under floodlights. 

some days in december are fine, should we hold speedway then? Speedway is a summer sport, no one (especially the aging speedway fans) wants to stand around on cold and windy nights at the end of October (and even November last year). On the whole the summer are generally dryer and lighter and better conditions. Just because this summer was wet doesnt negate that. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iainb said:

That may well have been the case, I live 1 and a half miles from the track and although it came over dark there was no rain. That's not to say there wasn't any at the track... but if the track had been covered on the Friday during the whole day of rain we had, there really shouldn't have been any problem at all starting this match

I live approx 7 miles away and it threw it down from 3pm for 30 minutes

Leicester at Poole 25th October. See Champ section.