British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilTheAce

1 league rule dropping

1 hour ago, tocha said:

I think Thursdays were introduced when Sweden had 9 teams riding so, now that they are back to 8 Thursday racing might be considered  unnecessary.

Whoever has the  Elitserien TV contract probably won't agree.

37 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If the premier League is going 42.5 with no rising star plus a new team I reckon they need another 15 riders to become available 

Can’t see the limit being 42.5. 
I think they will stick with 39 with 0 rising star meaning diluting the product again. That’s what they love to do 

• Like 1

In practice then, if a club has a Thursday match, and it has rained the previous Sunday in Poland, what then? Re-arrange a scheduled fixture? (popular with fans who have made arrangements?). Use guests or R/R? (fans wanting to see their own ridery, not to mention availability problems). Can not think why BSPL would agree to this.

6 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

PZM and BSPL are to agree a deal that Poland have priority on Thursdays but riders can ride in 2 other leagues instead of 1.....

the Thursday will only be used for rain offs so won’t be that many. 

so some riders will return. Which is good. Poland is still the winner though. But it’s a start 

How do you know it won't be many?. It could be every week if they have a wet summer.  Damn stupid if they agree to that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Badge said:

How do you know it won't be many?. It could be every week if they have a wet summer.  Damn stupid if they agree to that

Global warming is a thing. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Love this global warming weather.

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

I think they will stick with 39 with 0 rising star meaning diluting the product again. That’s what they love to do 

39 and trying to fit Doyle in will be fun,,, Basically Doyle 3 second strings and 3 reserves,,, oh hang,, same as this season then 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Col said:

I'm sure Sheffield & Ipswich are delighted.

7 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I’m sure they can work around any clashes to which there me won’t be many of 

Clubs couldn't organise the league cup final till October this year, despite the qualifiers being known since May!

How are they gonna cope with postponements due to Extraliga matches on a Thursday?

I don't know if the rule change will do much good, riders like Woffinden, Pedersen, Madsen, Zmarzlik, Dudek, Janowski, Lindgren, Vaculik etc chose not to ride in GB long before the Extraliga+1 rule was made.

Not worth giving up priority on Thursday's for the sake of 2 top riders (Bewley & Lambert) potentially coming back!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Don't agree that's diluting the product, teams should average out at 42, so 39 + RS is no weaker than this year?

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Climate change is coming. Global warming is part of that.  Climate change is less predictable intense weather.  More serious storms are part of that.

9 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

PZM and BSPL are to agree a deal that Poland have priority on Thursdays but riders can ride in 2 other leagues instead of 1.....

What is the source of this information? I reckon GB speedway would be a big loser on this, so why agree?

59 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't know if the rule change will do much good, riders like Woffinden, Pedersen, Madsen, Zmarzlik, Dudek, Janowski, Lindgren, Vaculik etc chose not to ride in GB long before the Extraliga+1 rule was made.

Not worth giving up priority on Thursday's for the sake of 2 top riders (Bewley & Lambert) potentially coming back!

The riders you mention, very unlikely... but the level below them -  Wozniak, Pawlicki possibly Thomsen & Michelsen alongside Lambert, Bewley, Fricke, Holder & Doyle make the league more interesting.  The gap between Prem & Champ would be defined.

Not sure Lindgren & Vaculik are as unreachable for Prem clubs as you'd think. 

It may start as a polish rain off night until they decide they can just use it for live TV matches every week.  I wouldn't trust them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

One of the above listed that isn’t the brits could be making his debut in UK next year