British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

It's now Thursday and still no news. I've got family holiday booked for some time based around the world cup. I know we will make the best of it no matter but still...been to the last 3 world cups. Don't want to break that streak this year.

Ticket sales for season ticket holders start Tuesday May 30th.

On Wednesday 31st at 1400 local time, sales start for the first three meetings. If you purchase tickets for these, you also will gain the right to pre-reserve tickets for the final. 

Open sale for the final starts Tuesday 06 June at 1400 local. 

https://wts.pl/bilety-na-zuzlowy-mundial-harmonogram-sprzedazy/

21 minutes ago, stewmac said:

Ticket sales for season ticket holders start Tuesday May 30th.

On Wednesday 31st at 1400 local time, sales start for the first three meetings. If you purchase tickets for these, you also will gain the right to pre-reserve tickets for the final. 

Open sale for the final starts Tuesday 06 June at 1400 local. 

https://wts.pl/bilety-na-zuzlowy-mundial-harmonogram-sprzedazy/

I don't think that's right. It looks like you can just buy the play off ticket then qualify for pre-sale final tickets.

Wroclaw season ticket holders can buy a final ticket initially too.

Edited by Monarchs2468

23 minutes ago, shoestringtours said:

There’s only 1 chance of us getting in and that’s to buy all 4 meetings on the Wednesday 

How does it work? When you buy a play off ticket do you then automatically get to buy a final ticket there and then?

8 minutes ago, Monarchs2468 said:

How does it work? When you buy a play off ticket do you then automatically get to buy a final ticket there and then?

I’m really not sure. I don’t know if you just buy 1 play off meeting you qualify or you have to get all 3 to qualify. Maybe R&R will shed some light.

We are in the position of having flights OUT only booked with a cancelable hotel booked but no flight back booked as we didn’t know when we were coming back

10 minutes ago, shoestringtours said:

I’m really not sure. I don’t know if you just buy 1 play off meeting you qualify or you have to get all 3 to qualify. Maybe R&R will shed some light.

We are in the position of having flights OUT only booked with a cancelable hotel booked but no flight back booked as we didn’t know when we were coming back

You only need to buy the play off round but it doesn't state when you then get access to buy the final, from what I can see.

13 minutes ago, Monarchs2468 said:

You only need to buy the play off round but it doesn't state when you then get access to buy the final, from what I can see.

If that’s the case I’m confident of getting a standing ticket at the least

The play off being the “race off” on the Friday sometimes the best meeting

Edited by shoestringtours

5 hours ago, Monarchs2468 said:

Seems overly complex and favouring the Poles. The way I see it, you buy tickets for the Play-Off, and you by right can purchase the Grand Final tickets at the same time. 2PM PL time will tell though. Flights and accom for me all booked for over 6 months in anticipation for this. I'll def buy Play-Off tickets and Grand Final the minute tickets are released, but may hold off on Semi-Final until I see which one Australia is in. Or if not expensive, maybe buy all 4 nights just in case.

9 hours ago, ozzie said:

Seems overly complex and favouring the Poles. The way I see it, you buy tickets for the Play-Off, and you by right can purchase the Grand Final tickets at the same time. 2PM PL time will tell though. Flights and accom for me all booked for over 6 months in anticipation for this. I'll def buy Play-Off tickets and Grand Final the minute tickets are released, but may hold off on Semi-Final until I see which one Australia is in. Or if not expensive, maybe buy all 4 nights just in case.

It's definitely catered for the Polish fans and I'm very disappointed with the way the tickets have been handled - lack of comms, length of time taken, still no mention of prices and no four meeting package. 

Your ticket plan is the best way, buy the play off first then the final (if available) then buy the semi(s). I'll try get all 4, fingers crossed.