British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Marksman said:

Connor Bailey has also signed for Redcar for 2023.  

http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2023/03/02/bears-bailed-out-after-massive-injury-blow-to-shanes/

Remarkably only 1 fixture clash that I can see, will miss Oxford away on Weds 16th August as Redcar are at Poole.

A midweek meeting and if Conner still at number 1 we can have a guest.  would Dan Bewley fit :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Marksman said:

Connor Bailey has also signed for Redcar for 2023.  

http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2023/03/02/bears-bailed-out-after-massive-injury-blow-to-shanes/

Remarkably only 1 fixture clash that I can see, will miss Oxford away on Weds 16th August as Redcar are at Poole.

The one match you wouldn't want your top rider to miss tbh.

At least with less fixtures in both leagues, fixture clashes are not likely.

25 minutes ago, magnus said:

Been very quiet lately. Any updates on the track etc.

Last week's speedway star said a feature on the new Workington track is in this week's edition, saw some photos at the weekend, pits up roof still to put on. The viewing terraces/banking starting to green up and looks to be great viewing, maybe THJ has more inside info :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Last week's speedway star said a feature on the new Workington track is in this week's edition, saw some photos at the weekend, pits up roof still to put on. The viewing terraces/banking starting to green up and looks to be great viewing, maybe THJ has more inside info :rolleyes:

No Neil you have hit it on the head... let down by the sheet roof guy so having to source pits roofing from elsewhere... perimeter fence due to go in and not before time which should add some security to the site... track electrics going in this weekend I've been told... which is nice to know cos am getting that job apparently... and if the pit roof goes on this Saturday the pit lighting will be getting wired in on Sunday... the centre green has been levelled out and Steve is grading the track continuously to try and get it to bind better... seating structures are imminent but it's massive like a big mecano set and is causing a few logistic problems so rethink on those going on...  other than that everything is going in the right direction...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 6

Who is behind this project then? I just seen Steve Lawson has been appointed co promoter but i thought he was the man who got this whole club back going again?

10 hours ago, Pinny said:

Who is behind this project then? I just seen Steve Lawson has been appointed co promoter but i thought he was the man who got this whole club back going again?

Hello Pinny long time no hear... hope you are doing well...

Andrew Bain is the main man behind the Comets resurrection...  he has ran the Workington Speedway Training Track at Northside for the last few years and when the Comets went pop in 2019 he decided to redevelop the Northside site as the track was only about 160 metres round and in a tight bowl...

Andy has a background in Civil Engineering and Groundworks and he decided to open the whole space out and stick a 300 metre track on the site... been a big task however things are nearing completion and although it will be an ongoing project for the next 10 years or so it is exciting times in Workington that is for sure...

Regards

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

track electrics going in this weekend I've been told... which is nice to know cos am getting that job apparently

Hope you are not on the drink the night before B) don't want you and the pits going up like a rocket :D

6 hours ago, Neila said:

Hope you are not on the drink the night before B) don't want you and the pits going up like a rocket :D

Lol... funny you should mention that and you are the third one now whose said the same... I don't do hangovers and once I have my bacon banjo in the morning I will be good to go...

Regards 

THJ

12 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Lol... funny you should mention that and you are the third one now whose said the same... I don't do hangovers and once I have my bacon banjo in the morning I will be good to go...

Regards 

THJ

Do you have blue or red tomato ketchup on the bacon banjo, your answer could be important to the job:). Mind you imagine you're probably a brown sauce man.....

31 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Do you have blue or red tomato ketchup on the bacon banjo, your answer could be important to the job:). Mind you imagine you're probably a brown sauce man.....

As they dont make Black and White sauce its always Red.... unless there are beans on said banjo then it's as it comes... and never brown... not a fan...

The merits of the humble bacon banjo eh... does life get any better... or sadder...

Regards 

THJ

51 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The merits of the humble bacon banjo eh... does life get any better... or sadder...

Regards 

THJ

You're right, I think I need one for lunch now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Looks fantastic, boy is it going to be quick, so wide, banked and smooth, looks like it should drain well, only thing you'll need is a good watering system/bowser  if we do get a good summer again, although normally have a fair bit of the natural watering system in Workington.

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Looks fantastic, boy is it going to be quick, so wide, banked and smooth, looks like it should drain well, only thing you'll need is a good watering system/bowser  if we do get a good summer again, although normally have a fair bit of the natural watering system in Workington.

I would say that it has already watered itself by the look of the river across the track. Air bags are great at becoming water holders days before a meeting but then dump their contents as soon as blown up, flowing across the track causing soft spots.

• Like 1