British Speedway Forum
mc131

Berwick 2023

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe injury playing up .

On his Birthday too :(

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Just checking the updates & I've noticed that josh has only had 2 rides !! What's happened to a rider having to take 3 rides ?? 

He hit the fence during his second ride, so may have done some damage then.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

He hit the fence during his second ride, so may have done some damage then.

Hopefully not to his RIBS again 

ALL RIDERS SHOULD HAVE 3 RIDES

So by the rules he should of not been covered by the other reserve for his last ride of 3  ?      OR 4 ?

Was not reported as hitting the fence or injured ?, on !updates!   Or was made IRR?.

MATCH SHOULD be re-run....simple,

HAVE I GOT IT WRONG?. HELP

4 hours ago, Bluenose said:

ALL RIDERS SHOULD HAVE 3 RIDES

So by the rules he should of not been covered by the other reserve for his last ride of 3  ?      OR 4 ?

Was not reported as hitting the fence or injured ?, on !updates!   Or was made IRR?.

MATCH SHOULD be re-run....simple,

HAVE I GOT IT WRONG?. HELP

The minimum ride rule (three rides, not four) doesn’t apply if a rider is withdrawn through injury, which is presumably the case here.

IRR doesn’t apply to reserves.

Updates, while a valuable resource, are not an official record of a meeting.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The minimum ride rule (three rides, not four) doesn’t apply if a rider is withdrawn through injury, which is presumably the case here.

IRR doesn’t apply to reserves.

Updates, while a valuable resource, are not an official record of a meeting.

12.5 refers to injury sustained during the meeting. So it is moot whether Dugard and Embleton's injuries were fresh. If they were 'aggravating old injuries then neither should have been replaced in heat 14.

"If a rider is prevented as a result of an injury sustained in that meeting, as 
confirmed in writing by the MO, the minimum ride rule will not apply"

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, arnieg said:

12.5 refers to injury sustained during the meeting. So it is moot whether Dugard and Embleton's injuries were fresh. If they were 'aggravating old injuries then neither should have been replaced in heat 14.

"If a rider is prevented as a result of an injury sustained in that meeting, as 
confirmed in writing by the MO, the minimum ride rule will not apply"

Agreed, but what was the reason given on the medical certificate?

It was announced on PA  during meeting last night that both Dugard  and EMBLETON were withdrawn on medical advices  so that reason Josh only rode twice 

He belted into fence in early race 

19 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

It was announced on PA  during meeting last night that both Dugard  and EMBLETON were withdrawn on medical advices  so that reason Josh only rode twice 

He belted into fence in early race 

Josh hit the fence a couple of times in heat 2 so probable reason for his withdrawal.

Kelsey Dugard didn't hit the fence or anything and didn't have 3 rides.

Unless I'm mistaken, it was said Dugard had reinjured himself (shoulder I think).

Should the problem about having 3 rides not be directed in that area (obviously not injured in the meeting).

It was a probationary ref so should be up on the rules you would think (referee on centre green according to Dick during the parade).

14 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Josh hit the fence a couple of times in heat 2 so probable reason for his withdrawal.

Unless I'm mistaken, it was said Dugard had reinjured himself (shoulder I think).

Should the problem about having 3 rides not be directed in that area (obviously not injured in the meeting).

It was a probationary ref so should be up on the rules you would think (referee on centre green according to Dick during the parade).

Agree. The two rides for Embleton seems entirely justifiable, but I am struggling to see how Woods was allowed to replace Dugard in heat 14.

36 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

I'm confused? Are you suggesting an injured rider should be forced to take 3 rides if he wasn't injured within that meeting?

It's not like Oxford gained an advantage from dropping Kelsey for Sam Woods

33 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'm confused? Are you suggesting an injured rider should be forced to take 3 rides if he wasn't injured within that meeting?

It's not like Oxford gained an advantage from dropping Kelsey for Sam Woods

Thems the rules. 

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Thems the rules. 

They are the rules, but has it actually been said that Dugard aggravated an old injury as opposed to sustaining a new one, or is this all pure speculation? There certainly wasn’t anything wrong with him at Edinburgh the night before.

Edit: Looks like Oxford has now said it was a recurrence of an old injury. Oops.

Edited by Bojangles

Sorry,

have followed Updates since they started, but have trusted them overall in their reporting

i had come home from local club so a bit inebriated!. Sorry.

Official Post From the Berwick site.

Josh Embleton suffered a less than happy birthday as the effects of his huge crash against the Comets two weeks ago forced him to withdraw after two tough races. He aggravated his injury when clouting the home straight fence in heat two and was signed out of the meeting by the medical personnel.

31 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

Josh Embleton suffered a less than happy birthday as the effects of his huge crash against the Comets two weeks ago forced him to withdraw after two tough races. He aggravated his injury when clouting the home straight fence in heat two and was signed out of the meeting by the medical personnel.

So Oxford has clarified the Dugard situation, stating the following: 

Cheetahs were hit by the withdrawal of Kelsey Dugard after two rides with a reoccurrence of an arm injury

Looks like both Embleton and Dugard aggravated old injuries and neither should have been replaced in heat 14! 

• Like 1