British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

24 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Agree with you on Kasprzak. We know KK is inconsistent.  But he's still a force in  the Ekstraliga and I think a lot of people are underestimating him.

He can beat the best when he turns up ..but on the other hand could come out and be beaten by the RS ....up and down ....fast when out in front ...

On 1/7/2023 at 4:56 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

He can beat the best when he turns up ..but on the other hand could come out and be beaten by the RS ....up and down ....fast when out in front ...

I've read comments like that often, but when was Kasprzak last beaten by a "rising star" granted his last GP season was dissapointing - but there's no RS in that, same with the Extraliga, not the force he once was, but the Premiership is a far weaker league!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I've read comments like that often, but when was Kasprzak last beaten by a "rising star" granted his last GP season was dissapointing - but there's no RS in that, same with the Extraliga, not the force he once was, but the Premiership if a far weaker league!

Maybe that's the reason he now wants to return.

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I've read comments like that often, but when was Kasprzak last beaten by a "rising star" granted his last GP season was dissapointing - but there's no RS in that, same with the Extraliga, not the force he once was, but the Premiership if a far weaker league!

True ...im just saying he is hit and miss....nva  know what you are going to get .....

Just now, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

I can see where your coming from ...Depends on the reserves...poor last year ...

Good top 5 ....may struggle away from home especially  heats 13 and 15 ....

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Good top 5 ....may struggle away from home especially  heats 13 and 15 ....

Its not a good top 5 when compared to other teams and poor reserves as well!! The only thing going for the Wolves side is the massive home track advantage 

Gotta say I find it impossible to suggest who will get the Wooden Spoon in the Prem, all the completed teams have positive sides to them, so it could be a very close league. Certainly closer than the Champ who have one team (Birmingham) who look far weaker than the rest. 

I've picked Leicester as the weakest looking side so far, but even they have a great top 4!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Its not a good top 5 when compared to other teams and poor reserves as well!! The only thing going for the Wolves side is the massive home track advantage 

I agree I see them struggling as well. Schlein would be a concern for me. 

6 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

For what reason?????....

Because they think Wolves have the worst team I would guess.

10 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

For what reason?????....

Them 3 teams to me will compete best away from home. I think Fricke and Lawson will be good together. Sheffield have a ridiculous team for Owlerton. Holder, Ellis, Musielak, Bellego and Kerr (who I expect to swap with Howarth from reserve) will put some teams to the sword. 
BV will miss Zagar but still have enough quality to comfortably finish in play offs 

and wolves in my opinion won’t win many aggregate points so think they’ll be down bottom 

Sheffield clear winner 

then the rest could be anyone’s. For me it’s going to be one of the most exciting premierships we have had for a while. 

regarding masters being a no1. He deffo is a no1 for me. But I do believe he’s stayed at wolves to long and a change of scenery will improve him.