British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

2 hours ago, Technik said:

It's a tough call this year, with only seven clubs there will be little room for error & I can see there being swift changes should any rider not be producing their expected returns. all teams now have a full seven & whilst some were quick to name theirs submitting to the pressure of the social media whilst a couple played their cards old school. Oveall the teams look well matched some with depth others top heavy but fair entertaining racing should be the result.

Belle Vue; A very young side they should do well if they can avoid injuries. I expect Lidsey & Brennan will be the two most likely to make a big jump in average. Mulford (RS) is very new to the shale but has very fast equipment so should progress. Not many will leave Manchester with a victory

Ipswich; Doyle & Sayfutdinov as a top two, Chris Louis has worked wonders to get this over the line Add King & Riss to form a massive spearhead. I'm not sure how Rew will fare having seen him in Europe I'm not entirely convinced & the reserves may not be the strongest but there has to be some give.

Kings Lynn; I'm sorry to say but I don't think the stars have a strong enough side in any area. I like KK but he is way past his prime & (RS) Edwards is possibly one of the weaker picks. Lets hope the Danes can work together & pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Leicester; An average team for the Lions, How much longer can Bomber go on with his wall-of-death sweeps around the boards after missing the start. Is Thompson ready for this upgrade. Like Lynn Leicester have gone heavy on one nation & the lions go Aussie so can that Aussie spirit lift them?

Peterborough; After the disapointment of Chris Holder the Panthers bring in Nicki P, IMO a better choice on past records but can he pick it up one more time I think with countrymen NKI & Hans Andersen by his side again he may just & .with Basso & Cooke in the mix it could be a better season at the showground.

Sheffield; Jack Holder will again move his career forward this season & pull the Tigers along with him. Ellis will be happy to have longtime friend David Bellego alongside & with Musielak loving the big tracks they will not loose many. I believe Gilkes as (RS) will just get carried on the wave to learn at his own pace.

Wolverhampton; In Leon Flint Wolves clearly have the strongest (RS) & he must remain fit if they are to find success. Early reports from Australia show Schlein has not dropped an inchbut I believe they are missing a big hitter at Monmore.

Top 3; Ipswich, Sheffield, Belle Vue

I agree with the big hitter...

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

You've just never liked KK, he has had quite a few top seasons in the UK with Poole and Coventry. Also wasnt he an 8 plus rider with Arena and BV ? 

He was easily one of the top 5 riders in the league when at belle Vue. Multiple maximums and nearly double figure scores everywhere. 
fell in love with KK that season 

4 hours ago, Technik said:

Kings Lynn; I'm sorry to say but I don't think the stars have a strong enough side in any area. I like KK but he is way past his prime & (RS) Edwards is possibly one of the weaker picks. Lets hope the Danes can work together & pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Not even their second strings / top reserve? Any two from Kasprzak, Palm Toft, Jorgensen or Pickering?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

He was easily one of the top 5 riders in the league when at belle Vue. Multiple maximums and nearly double figure scores everywhere. 
fell in love with KK that season 

Brum wont have that tho. 

i wonder if KK was claiming disability allowances when he was posting those scores for BV? ;)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Technik said:

It's a tough call this year, with only seven clubs there will be little room for error & I can see there being swift changes should any rider not be producing their expected returns. all teams now have a full seven & whilst some were quick to name theirs submitting to the pressure of the social media whilst a couple played their cards old school. Oveall the teams look well matched some with depth others top heavy but fair entertaining racing should be the result.

Belle Vue; A very young side they should do well if they can avoid injuries. I expect Lidsey & Brennan will be the two most likely to make a big jump in average. Mulford (RS) is very new to the shale but has very fast equipment so should progress. Not many will leave Manchester with a victory

Ipswich; Doyle & Sayfutdinov as a top two, Chris Louis has worked wonders to get this over the line Add King & Riss to form a massive spearhead. I'm not sure how Rew will fare having seen him in Europe I'm not entirely convinced & the reserves may not be the strongest but there has to be some give.

Leicester; An average team for the Lions, How much longer can Bomber go on with his wall-of-death sweeps around the boards after missing the start. Is Thompson ready for this upgrade. Like Lynn Leicester have gone heavy on one nation & the lions go Aussie so can that Aussie spirit lift them?

Peterborough; After the disapointment of Chris Holder the Panthers bring in Nicki P, IMO a better choice on past records but can he pick it up one more time I think with countrymen NKI & Hans Andersen by his side again he may just & .with Basso & Cooke in the mix it could be a better season at the showground.

Sheffield; Jack Holder will again move his career forward this season & pull the Tigers along with him. Ellis will be happy to have longtime friend David Bellego alongside & with Musielak loving the big tracks they will not loose many. I believe Gilkes as (RS) will just get carried on the wave to learn at his own pace.

Wolverhampton; In Leon Flint Wolves clearly have the strongest (RS) & he must remain fit if they are to find success. Early reports from Australia show Schlein has not dropped an inchbut I belileve they are missing a big hitter at Monmore.

Top 3; Ipswich, Sheffield, Belle Vue

Leon needs to kick on this year especially  at M.G...

10 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

I agree with the big hitter...

No surprise there then, I would have said Sam was a big hitter at Monmore

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

So a none genuine No1, one track pony. Case closed :lol:

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

So a none genuine No1, one track pony. Case closed :lol:

Technik said we were missing a big hitter at Monmore but Sam is! that’s what the reply was  about, what’s your problem (apart from hating Wolves)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Technik said we were missing a big hitter at Monmore but Sam is! that’s what the reply was  about, what’s your problem (apart from hating Wolves)

You want some, I'll give it ya :lol:

0_Screenshot-2022-11-20-at-225013.jpg

Edited by Daniel Smith

14 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

At M.G yes ....away No ....Far better  in the league ...And u will see that this year....case closed....

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

At M.G yes ....away No ....Far better  in the league ...And u will see that this year....case closed....

Finally...

On 3/3/2023 at 2:07 AM, Pinny said:

You've just never liked KK, he has had quite a few top seasons in the UK with Poole and Coventry. Also wasnt he an 8 plus rider with Arena and BV ? 

I’m not the only one that hasn’t liked KK attitude to the UK. He was sacked on 5 different occasions from British clubs.

I just have never rated him as a so called world class rider. He had a few decent seasons here (when he could be bothered) and equally some atrocious ones. 

It’s just an opinion, it’s not a science.

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I’m not the only one that hasn’t liked KK attitude to the UK. He was sacked on 5 different occasions from British clubs.

I just have never rated him as a so called world class rider. He had a few decent seasons here (when he could be bothered) and equally some atrocious ones. 

It’s just an opinion, it’s not a science.

He has reached 12 GP finals, won three of them and has finished second in the overall standings as well as winning 5 SWC's. There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he's been world class during his career.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He has reached 12 GP finals, won three of them and has finished second in the overall standings as well as winning 5 SWC's. There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he's been workd class during his career.

His attitude to British clubs remains suspect. 

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

:unsure:

Edited by Bagpuss