British Speedway Forum

Hello.

Can someone please explain to me, or at least point me in the right direction to find, how the official greensheet averages are claculated?

I understand how a Rolling average is calculated I think, but this never seems to be anywhere near what the actual official greensheet average is for a rider, i.e. the one that would appear in the matchday program

Cheers

19 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Hello.

Can someone please explain to me, or at least point me in the right direction to find, how the official greensheet averages are claculated?

I understand how a Rolling average is calculated I think, but this never seems to be anywhere near what the actual official greensheet average is for a rider, i.e. the one that would appear in the matchday program

Cheers

Match day programmes are usually up to and including the last meeting for that team, whereas the Green Sheets are usually updated after 23rd of the month, to take effect on the first day of the following month.

Green Sheets will also be updated as and when an assessed Rider achieves the required number of meetings to be given an 'official' average.

I know this isn't much to do with averages but does anyone know why Joe Thompson is allowed to ride in all three leagues but Leon Flint last year wasn't.

On 5/3/2023 at 9:29 PM, Maltaroy said:

I know this isn't much to do with averages but does anyone know why Joe Thompson is allowed to ride in all three leagues but Leon Flint last year wasn't.

If you average over 4 in the championship you can’t ride ndl unless you only ride ndl

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If you average over 4 in the championship you can’t ride ndl unless you only ride ndl

Isn't it 5? (cf Jordan Jenkins 4.72 for Cheetahs). Also isn't it signing rather than riding, so if Jordan's average increases he won't be forced to stop riding for the Chargers.