British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v scunthorpe

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Morris' average is genuine for the second half of last season (when he was on form), but not accurate of the full season (his early season poor scores are forgotten, which didn't happen in previous years).

Most people probably feel it's not an "accurate" average as it only covers half a season of racing!

Trouble is he has to start this season off form to get it down,then where would that put Birmingham.

54 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I’d guess let Jorgensens average fall to a more accurate 7 point region and then replace one of the 2 point reserves with a 4/5 pointer  

Problem is what is lost with Jorgensen`s average will probably be mostly used up when Jonas Knudson`s average changes from his current assessed one.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

As Alfie was excluded ( harshly) in heat 1 that does not count as a ride so he couldn't be replaced in heat 10 as had to have his third compulsory ride ... and that 5-1 with Nick Morris who superbly team rode was a joy to watch.

5 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Really ? I didn't know that if you get excluded for a tapes offence, then it doesn't count as an official ride ? does that mean the '0' points doesn't contribute towards his calculated average?

As for the harsh exclusion? he definitely moved in the first attempted start, but I think he got a flyer in the second attempt (Ref was wrong to exclude him...)

Thank you for explaining.

However, I still think we would've benefited by replacing Nielsen in Heat 9?

Got me on that one too as I thought if a rider started a race, it was classed as a ride, similar to a tape offence. So Speedway fan is saying that he did not officially start the race.

Missing the 2 minutes is not a ride.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Got me on that one too as I thought if a rider started a race, it was classed as a ride, similar to a tape offence. So Speedway fan is saying that he did not officially start the race.

Missing the 2 minutes is not a ride.

I think what matters is if the rider is replaced, bring a reserve in for a tapes or 2 min exclusion & it doesn't count as a minimum ride!

Does that also apply if a race is started, 1st bend bunching, all 4 back but a rider can't & is replaced.

In the rules it calls it "frustrated" rides. Never understood it.