British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Wolves 15/06/23

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not  going to keep this crap up. I have been told the truth from someone close. Ideas above his station. If he was a winner as he said, surely he could help them out now.. Mind you he was hugging the mascot the other week. Likes  attention does MT.

Why would anyone but the owner help them out now it's dead money 

7 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Looked for you tonight BB,didn't see you.You must have nipped to the bar at the time I got there.

Are there any facts that he come up with more than 10% of what he promised.

I saw an old friend and stood with him on the first bend mate. Didn't see you or Speedball.

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Why would anyone but the owner help them out now it's dead money 

Cause he bloody promised that and more at the beginning of the season. New ground  as well so he knew the situation..  Come on... really .Makes me laugh:rofl:

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I saw an old friend and stood with him on the first bend mate. Didn't see you or Speedball.

I’m in Malta mate, been following from over here. Great win, will do wonders for everyone 

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Cause he bloody promised that and more at the beginning of the season. New ground  as well so he knew the situation.. Makes me laugh:rofl:

He promised that as owner not to give to someone else to spend and dictate who comes in 

Just now, Speedball said:

I’m in Malta mate, been following from over here. Great win, will do wonders for everyone 

That explains that one mate. Hope your having a good un.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

That explains that one mate. Hope your having a good un.

Cheers mate, great time. Not back until Tuesday so that means we’ll win on Monday as well. Back to usual once I return 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Flappy said:

He promised that as owner not to give to someone else to spend and dictate who comes in 

I'm done. ... We wont agree.........So the new stadium, I'm a fan, love the club, i'm a winner, all the sponsorship from his "empire" and everyone/everything else went out of the window because he could build a team( within budget) apart from Holder, and he tried to still do it. Beggars belief that people think he is the man... Behave..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Good meeting the night with the Stars coming out of it with a well deserved win. Things are starting to look positive, although realistically I think the playoffs are out of reach. Crowd was poor tonight, which was a shame as people missed out on some fantastic racing.

Hopefully getting a W on the board entices some people back in, although with the next home meeting being televised think levels may be low again. Nevertheless, Laguta showed his class (again), I would urge people just to come and see him whilst we've still got him. 'use it or lose it' type scenario with him and this one is factual.

Klindt proved that he does have what it takes to be a genuine heat leader, making electric starts. TJ and Kye put in a solid effort too, with Kye deserving much more than his 7 rides suggests. Jason, unfortunately had one of them nights again at home - if Anders Rows was an option we should certainly be looking at him. 

MPT incident looked nasty, hope he's ok. I would suggest R/R would be a good option on Monday, everyone would be able to take a ride, including Laguta depending on what happens with filling Jakobsens spot...

3 minutes ago, Speedball said:

Cheers mate, great time. Not back until Tuesday so that means we’ll win on Monday as well. Back to usual once I return 

If your right, then stay there mate. We might make the play offs ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 1

Saw Lynn v Sheffield and it was dire. Tonight totally different…great meeting, plenty of effort from Stars. Hard to find superlatives for Artem. Class personified. A real fillip for the Stars and am delighted for Mr Chapman. He deserved to see Kings Lynn deliver a really entertaining match. Well done 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Saw Lynn v Sheffield and it was dire. Tonight totally different…great meeting, plenty of effort from Stars. Hard to find superlatives for Artem. Class personified. A real fillip for the Stars and am delighted for Mr Chapman. He deserved to see Kings Lynn deliver a really entertaining match. Well done 

We need more of that so hopefully we have speedway at the AFA next season, and beyond. Oh Buster... The Cooks seem to like King's Lynn :)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, tellboy said:

There was indeed.People say the track is poor nowadays,mainly from people who don't go.It just proves,get quality riders here and that makes the difference to the racing.Those people will still bash the track without coming to see the likes of Laguta to see how it can be raced.We thought it was slick tonight and didn't seem an outside line,Laguta proved that was not the case.He was great to watch again,just wish he could make starts like he did when he became World Champion.

Biggest problem you have is finding 7 riders of world champion ability to be able to race it well. In this league it needs to be a bit more rider friendly in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Biggest problem you have is finding 7 riders of world champion ability to be able to race it well. In this league it needs to be a bit more rider friendly in my opinion. 

I've watched dozens of old meetings back. And tbh it wasn't as good as some like to think it was.

• Like 4

Totally agree BB,some people get stuck in the past and think it was great then compared to now.But as you say the racing isn't much different at all.You got a lot of strung out races back in the so called good old days.The only thing different back then was the size of crowds and atmosphere that made it seem that much better imo.What else did we have to do in the 70's and 80''s:lol:,apart from the obvious.Was thre a baby boom in those decades :rolleyes::lol:

• Like 3