British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paul84

Mildenhall V Workington 18/06/23

On 6/18/2023 at 8:48 PM, Bagpuss said:

I think they were probably spooked by the yellow weather warning but they've essentially cancelled the meeting because if a 60% chance of showers, always a good chance it was going to stay dry.

When I last looked the % chance was around the 80 mark. With the distance the Workington fans/riders were travelling it wasn't worth the risk. 

West Row does seem to have its own micro climate. I've been coming along the road to the track and it's been chucking it down. Get to the track and nothing. 

On 6/23/2023 at 3:21 PM, adz_mft said:

When I last looked the % chance was around the 80 mark. With the distance the Workington fans/riders were travelling it wasn't worth the risk. 

West Row does seem to have its own micro climate. I've been coming along the road to the track and it's been chucking it down. Get to the track and nothing. 

Quite agree, Locals know their weather far better than opposing teams and their supporters. Occasionally a home team will dream up excuses to cancel a meeting when they have injuries or team problems. Because of that visiting supporters tend to be cynical when a meeting gets calls off, but that's just natural cynicism.  

• Like 1