British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Leicester Monday 19th June Live on Eurosport

Just now, mikebv said:

All very laudable observations...

However...

When your very starting point is "contrived, make it up as you go along nonsense", then you really have zero chance of enough fans buying into it...

Might as well chuck the money down a grid... 

Again, agreed. The prestige and honour of winning the Premiership is far watered-down now. I accepted that long ago, however, getting to see Laguta every week is enough entertainment for me

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Again, agreed. The prestige and honour of winning the Premiership is far watered-down now. I accepted that long ago, however, getting to see Laguta every week is enough entertainment for me

Again

The issue is that Laguta is enough for you as a Speedway fan..

I loved watching him and Emil recently at the NSS..

However, expecting people who have no idea who Laguta is to buy into the sport emotionally will be a struggle when he can replace riders from other teams at a moments notice..

"But guests have been around for years"...

But we didnt pay £22 to watch them and Bomber didnt turn up for all and sundry..

Their operating model delivers exactly what it deserves...

No more, no less...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 4:40 PM, tellboy said:

Why do people keep saying how cheap it is in Poland.Of course it will be cheaper,just look at their wages.Why do you think many come here to work.

Now I know this is the BSF and people never let fact stand in the way of posting, so I will nip this in the bud by using WEF figures. Average 2023 UK salaey $52278 v $16261 in Poland.  Also factory in the money from the local council plus their broadcast deal. Its like prem football. They do not need the ticket revenue to survive.

• Like 4