British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Redcar Vs Plymouth 23rd June league

11 hours ago, Jeffo said:

Plymouth did well and almost got something out of the meeting helped by Erik riss and his bike troubles ultimately.

The score did flatter the gladiators tho, the bears would have been home and dry a lot sooner but for Erik's e/f 's

Having said that the gladiators battled well with Ben barker and Kyle howarth getting stuck in and James Pearson impressing.

They may feel robbed tho with Danny King falling at the back in heat 13 while Plymouth where on a five one which would have leveled the scores with two heats to go.

It may have been a very different ending if Richie Worrall hadn't shed a chain on the start line and Charles romp away for the win.

Overall I think the bears deserved to win but the glads probably deserved at least a point out of it and got nothing!

Only way for that to happen is a "stupid heat"

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Normski said:

Berwick Website shows July 15th. Plymouth website shows July 15th and August 6th which is a Sunday

They obviously want to go to yours twice just to make sure they definitely get the win ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Only way for that to happen is a "stupid heat"

I like the superheat. But if Redcar draw at Poole in August do we have 2 superheats? One for the meeting and the other for the BP? Two extra races, sounds good to me :D

In my opinion the superheat is nonsense, absolute garbage in why it is used, A draw is a draw end of 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

In my opinion the superheat is nonsense, absolute garbage in why it is used, A draw is a draw end of 

I understand it for bonus point or in a cup/ play off match. But as you say why can't it just be a draw in the league 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I understand it for bonus point or in a cup/ play off match. But as you say why can't it just be a draw in the league 

If away team wins the superheat then same points as last season's 'away draw'. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

If away team wins the superheat then same points as last season's 'away draw'. 

Never agreed with that either tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Never agreed with that either tbh. 

There is no helping some people ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

There is no helping some people ;)

A draws a draw. You don't get more in any other sport for keeping it tight or drawing away from home. That scoring was a nonsense imo

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

A draws a draw. You don't get more in any other sport for keeping it tight or drawing away from home. That scoring was a nonsense imo

Eddie Howe liked the idea of a scoring system of a point for keeping it within 6 away and extra point for away draw. ;)

Whether he was being diplomatic idk, but he did say it in local press when at AFCB.

Edited by lisa-colette

Did anyone catch the full line up for the Julie Lewis memorial? I believe it was announced?

Charles Wright, Danny King, Erik Riss, Danyon Hume, Celina Liebmann, Jade Mudgway is all I'm aware of so far...

Full line up for Fridays Julie Lewis Memorial Meeting

Qualifying Round
1. Danyon Hume
2. James Pearson
3. Ben Trigger
4. Jason Edwards  
5. Celina Liebmann
6. Jake Turner
7. Connor Bailey 
8. Josh Warren 
9. Elliot Kelly
10. George Congreve
11. Sam McGurk
12. Jade Mudgway 

Main Event 
1. Erik Riss
2. Leon Flint
3. Charles Wright 
4. Norick Blodorn 
5. Danny King

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Did anyone catch the full line up for the Julie Lewis memorial? I believe it was announced?

Charles Wright, Danny King, Erik Riss, Danyon Hume, Celina Liebmann, Jade Mudgway is all I'm aware of so far...

Beaten to it by Janice!!

Edited by StevePark
Post deleted
  • Like 1

Just now, StevePark said:

1 minute ago, Janice Jackson said:

Thank you both so much. I might make it my first meeting back in a very long time... I've fallen out of love with the sport as of late, but it will be nice to see some new faces...

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Eddie Howe liked the idea of a scoring system of a point for keeping it within 6 away and extra point for away draw. ;)

Whether he was being diplomatic idk, but he did say it in local press when at AFCB.

Did he attend Poole?