British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Justgotmecpc

Newcastle speedway

Am I correct thinking that Sunday gone it was a year ago we last seen speedway at Newcastle ( hopefully not for the last time ) 

6 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Am I correct thinking that Sunday gone it was a year ago we last seen speedway at Newcastle ( hopefully not for the last time ) 

It's actually 53 weeks as the last meeting was on the 19th or 20th of June 

4 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

It's actually 53 weeks as the last meeting was on the 19th or 20th of June 

Last home meeting was Sun 12 June

Unfortunately I can't see the diamonds making a comeback,  unless the saudies at St James Park want to invest in a new sport,  just think, summer speedway in this country, then take the teams/league away for winter racing in the desert :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Aye, as Steve says, it was against Leicester. A did ask Stewy and the guys to gaan easy on us, obviously took no notice (28-62) a think?

We officially closed on June 21st, remember it well, it was a long day, felt like the longest day of the year! ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The last time we seen any proper speedway at Newcastle ( away teams exempt)was 2019 

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Is the track still in place but without the safety fence and posts ? 

Last I saw, Yes. 

24 minutes ago, Wardey said:

Last I saw, Yes. 

Great, so the only part that was cr@p is the only part that remains...

I loved the shape of the track at Newcastle, it was a new challenge for most riders and the corners meant that whoever had the biggest balls going into the bends won... Saw some very interesting techniques entering the 3rd bend in the 15 years or so I went there :D

The surface was absolutely terrible in the last couple of seasons though... With some of the holes appearing... The whole thing needed digging up and putting back down

There is absolutely zero chance of the Diamonds coming back anyway... Just got to accept that and go to some interesting meetings around the country instead

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Is the track still in place but without the safety fence and posts ? 

As well as the air fence which is now at Workie, the wire fence has gone leaving just the shale outline. Electrics all stripped out and all of the pits dismantled and gone. In addition all of the machinery, ie, bowser, tractor, blade, has also moved on.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

As well as the air fence which is now at Workie, the wire fence has gone leaving just the shale outline. Electrics all stripped out and all of the pits dismantled and gone. In addition all of the machinery, ie, bowser, tractor, blade, has also moved on.

So there's basically just a pile of dirt left... Sad

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

So there's basically just a pile of dirt left... Sad

& The fencing is just lying in a pile near the the metal railings that looks onto grey street 

32 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

& The fencing is just lying in a pile near the the metal railings that looks onto grey street 

I presume you mean Grace Street?

All the above are replaceable with money. The real showstopper will be planning will have, or soon will expire and there is no hope in hell a new application would get through to enable bikes to come back to Brough Park.

the day he announced he was staying for another year whilst banking the cash from the end of an era meeting, stupidly thinking he could make that much money every week with a rubbish team was really the end.That was 24 hrs after he was approached  with a genuine offer to take it over.

• Thanks 1