British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Leicester 08/07/2023 3pm ko cup 1st leg

Some good racing yesterday despite the scoreline  , I thought the ref was pretty lenient to rerun heat 11 when potentially Ace and Aston (twice) could have been excluded.

In the rerun Ace was hard but fair to beat Aston Boughen and then a few hormones kicked in at the end of the race.

Well done to Leicester , the better team on the day.

Despite the forecast the rain held off until the last few heats , then a big downpour after the meeting finished.

I was under the impression there would be a collection for the Ben fund ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Some good racing yesterday despite the scoreline  , I thought the ref was pretty lenient to rerun heat 11 when potentially Ace and Aston (twice) could have been excluded.

In the rerun Ace was hard but fair to beat Aston Boughen and then a few hormones kicked in at the end of the race.

Despite the forecast the rain held off until the last few heats , then a big downpour after the meeting finished.

I'm guessing, due to the incoming wet stuff, there was no time to have an interval/collection and by the sounds of it they got that right.

• Like 2

was under the impression there would be a collection for the Ben fund ?

saw a post on Facebook that due to weather issues Ben fund collection will happen later in the season 

• Like 2

On 7/8/2023 at 11:47 PM, Midget said:

I can't understand why anyone would want bickley in? He's retired for a reason. He is never going to make it as a speedway rider. 

His confidence is shot 

On 7/9/2023 at 11:06 AM, topaz325 said:

I've only been over once & that was the Berwick meeting which I really enjoyed but with some of the comments coming out on the thread anybody wanting to pay a visit to Workington or any other speedway track might think twice so rather than post negative feedback on the forums post plenty feedback on them & keep our beloved sport alive & heading in the right direction... If anyone seen the Sheffield v Ipswich meeting on Eurosport tonight.. that's what speedway is all about what a cracker of a match

• Like 1
  • Confused 1