British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe vs Redcar KOC Semi Final 14/15 July

20 hours ago, sidewinder said:

So how come, Redcar raced against Poole on a Friday and had an amateur meeting on the Saturday, this season. Earlier in the season, we potentially had Stuart Robson's farewell on a Sunday and Redcar v Newcastle on a Friday in the same week. Loads of other instances, over recent years, It seems to me, that if its in the lease its not enforced.

I would have thought that any daytime activity is unrestricted so Saturday amateur/practice sessions, meetings on Sundays during the day and any ad hoc practice which goes on during the week. After all it is a Motor Sports park so other motor sport activity is already taking place and making noise. Again I would think the lease restrictions refer to evening activity prior to curfew.

On 7/16/2023 at 8:22 PM, sidewinder said:

So how come, Redcar raced against Poole on a Friday and had an amateur meeting on the Saturday, this season. Earlier in the season, we potentially had Stuart Robson's farewell on a Sunday and Redcar v Newcastle on a Friday in the same week. Loads of other instances, over recent years, It seems to me, that if its in the lease its not enforced.

Without giving you a copy of the lease let’s just inform you that there is a stipulated difference between a ‘ Race Meeting ‘ , a ‘ Practice ‘ and a day time ‘ Amateur Meeting ‘ held on a weekend, all of which are fully explained on the lease. If the club applies for a ‘ special exemption ‘ each application is looked at and a decision made on its validity. Clear now ?

On 7/17/2023 at 4:39 PM, northyorksbear said:

I would have thought that any daytime activity is unrestricted so Saturday amateur/practice sessions, meetings on Sundays during the day and any ad hoc practice which goes on during the week. After all it is a Motor Sports park so other motor sport activity is already taking place and making noise. Again I would think the lease restrictions refer to evening activity prior to curfew.

See my response, but your not far out.

• Like 1

With the league deadline likely to be extended, playoffs won't start until mid september, might we see this fixture on the 3rd september (day after cardiff GP).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eric i said:

With the league deadline likely to be extended, playoffs won't start until mid september, might we see this fixture on the 3rd september (day after cardiff GP).

I very much doubt it as most of the staff will be still in or travelling from the GP. 

5 hours ago, eric i said:

It'll be embarrassing if clubs have to extend the deadline when they only had to fit in 8 home league meetings!

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 6:49 PM, KK62 said:

I very much doubt it as most of the staff will be still in or travelling from the GP. 

Scunny have done this many times before and got decent crowd.

This competion will be heading into October at this rate...... get this fixture rearranged.

On 8/15/2023 at 4:23 PM, eric i said:

Scunny have done this many times before and got decent crowd.

This competion will be heading into October at this rate...... get this fixture rearranged.

So Skunny staff don’t go to Cardiff ?

I don’t arrange the fixtures but was advised that October is looking very likely.