British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davieb1

Plans for next season ?

5 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

If you’re a youngster starting out in the sport you should be trying to grab every opportunity going in the name of succeeding not turning your nose up at an opportunity because you might only get three rides. 

The sport is starting to revolve around the riders. It should be the other way round. 

'starting to'? !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ch958 said:

'starting to'? !

I almost edited the post to take that out! 

• Haha 1

nowhere near enough attention has been paid over the years to tyre/ surface interraction and revs/ surface. Would be nice if riders had to use their noggins and use the dirt

I've just signed for a new pool team,, that play on a Thursday,,, so that's what I shall now be doing 

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I've just signed for a new pool team,, that play on a Thursday,,, so that's what I shall now be doing 

Having a break?....:D

I'll get me coat...;)

Cue other puns..... B)

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2023 at 11:49 AM, ouch said:

Yes, you will always have some reserves better than others. 

The promoters could spend time and money on their RS’s to help bring them on to help balance things out. Alternatively they could just bar the best from the RS system

I don't think that will work, look at Connor Mountain, too old of RS berth not strong enough for another team place. 

I know he was blocked on age not ability, but it could happen to the strongest RS candidate, every team would want him as an RS, perhaps no-one would pick him in the top 5?

Edited by szkocjasid

16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think that will work, look at Connor Mountain, too old of RS berth not strong enough for another team place. 

I know he was blocked on age not ability, but it could happen to the strongest RS candidate, every team would want him as an RS, perhaps no-one would pick him in the top 5?

That was the problem at Wolves last year with D.Kemp.Great R.S but not good enough at number 6 ...

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

This is why the rising star system should have been kept in the championship rather than the Premiership, the step up into the main team wouldn't have been so great

• Like 4