British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolves v Peterborough 17th JUly 2023

7 hours ago, jaybob said:

yes well done to the panthers pity there were no panthers supporters there when porky asked 

There were at least 4 I saw.

7 hours ago, jaybob said:

yes well done to the panthers pity there were no panthers supporters there when porky asked 

But there were some there, and very big credit to them for supporting their team during the curent poor form.

23 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

There were at least 4 I saw.

Please don’t tell me you’re surprised. The worst track in British Speedway. I would go as far as saying it’s not even Speedway to me. I really hope Wolves find a new home with a decent track. Good luck for the future, looks like many of us have a very unpredictable future.

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Please don’t tell me you’re surprised. The worst track in British Speedway. I would go as far as saying it’s not even Speedway to me. I really hope Wolves find a new home with a decent track. Good luck for the future, looks like many of us have a very unpredictable future.

Many people and many riders love it, each to their own. I for one will be sad to see it go. It’s a unique challenge. If we find a new track, it will be what we want it to be and not restricted by a dog track. However I would be quite happy if it were the same shape and size.

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Many people and many riders love it, each to their own. I for one will be sad to see it go. It’s a unique challenge. If we find a new track, it will be what we want it to be and not restricted by a dog track. However I would be quite happy if it were the same shape and size.

Very much doubt it is ‘many’. I do hope you can survive, as we hope too. Same shape and size then I hope the home crowd cover it or it will be 4 again. Definitely not me. I guess it’s what your brought up on. 

Something like Somerset, Redcar or the new Worky has to be the template for any new tracks surely.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Something like Somerset, Redcar or the new Worky has to be the template for any new tracks surely.

All this is for a later discussion if we are lucky enough to find a site. Only one I haven't been to is Northside, so will plan that in for next year. I did particularly like Someset.

13 hours ago, Beowulf said:

All this is for a later discussion if we are lucky enough to find a site. Only one I haven't been to is Northside, so will plan that in for next year. I did particularly like Someset.

I heard its going to be of a similar size to monmore but so is Redcar its only 7 metres longer.So with new track have shorter straights than monmore and bigger bends.