British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badge

Lions v Witches 31st July

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

How can one of the Ipswich team be allowed to wear a Leicester race suit? That's mental.

I did wonder why he didn’t have a generic suit he could wear, surely he’d use one in any individual meetings?

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

Absolutely, both Thompson’s ride that line really well on bend 2 into the straight. If Dan could score like that away from home he’d really kick on.

Tbf he’s really been improving everywhere he goes. That’s all you can ask of a rising star. Showing race craft at such a young age

You have to wonder ‘what if’ Dan had been picked instead of Joe from the start of the season  - nevermind take a bow that young fella showing the Lions what they are missing!! 

great performance from the Witches and a decent meeting as well unless maybe you are a Lions fan  

well done Danny too! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

2 minutes ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

Tbf he’s really been improving everywhere he goes. That’s all you can ask of a rising star. Showing race craft at such a young age

I think there was some frustration, me included, that he just wasn’t quite getting it earlier in the season at BP. I think I said last year that a move away would do both of them good really. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

You have to wonder ‘what if’ Dan had been picked instead of Joe from the start of the season  - nevermind take a bow that young fella showing the Lions what they are missing!! 

great performance from the Witches and a decent meeting as well unless maybe you are a Lions fan  

well done Danny too! 

Frustrating. Nothing like the Lions we’re used to, but the Witches have the bit between their teeth. King always goes well here and they’ve had some back up tonight which is what they’ve been missing.

15 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Doubt he’ll come back here whilst Stewart is in charge. Still not convinced he’s that good away from BP either.

Yep I heard his family aren't fond of Mr Dickson anymore...

Well done Ipswich. Wake up call for lions. Fricke having an off night. Allen and batch not up for it but I'm still confident for the play offs. Happy for Dan T. He's made a statement

Great performance from the Witches! All did their bit bar Riss(he was unlucky to lose out on a couple of points with Engine Failure). Even he looked at least more competitive 

8 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Frustrating. Nothing like the Lions we’re used to, but the Witches have the bit between their teeth. King always goes well here and they’ve had some back up tonight which is what they’ve been missing.

The Witches seemed a bit reinvigorated tonight and it was good to see pretty solid throughput particularly away from home - team actually doing what was expected maybe earlier - is it too late for the playoffs - maybe - matches against Kings Lynn to come so need to win both! 

did expect more from the Lions - Fricke was down on what he normally might be expected to get - oddly the Lions looked a shadow of the side i saw dominate the meeting at Owlerton the other week! 

still think you are playoffs bound however 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

The Witches seemed a bit reinvigorated tonight and it was good to see pretty solid throughput particularly away from home - team actually doing what was expected maybe earlier - is it too late for the playoffs - maybe - matches against Kings Lynn to come so need to win both! 

did expect more from the Lions - Fricke was down on what he normally might be expected to get - oddly the Lions looked a shadow of the side i saw dominate the meeting at Owlerton the other week! 

still think you are playoffs bound however 

Think we'd be better off running R/R to be honest! When all riders chip in we have the balance right in the team but Morris really has derailed things, I'm unspeakably angry when I think about it, I'd quite happily de-bag and radish him on behalf of the SCB :angry:

I think we'll be in the play offs but any chance we had of upsetting in the final has faded away somewhat. 

I think had Riss been fit Ipswich would have been far closer to the play offs, may be a bit too late now, relying on others slipping up as well is never easy.

Edited by 40-38
  • Like 1

Lions were were simply second best all night and fair play to the Witches who really seemed to want it. 
Whilst our play off spot is not in doubt, looking forward, I think that Batch is a worry. He needs to be delivering six points in home matches but his average is only going in one direction. Even when gating, he is surrendering points far too easy. Lions success in the play offs will depend on him upping his game, which I’m doubting he will.

Good result for both Ipswich and the champions tonight. Well done to Ipswich on a great performance.We have seen it time and again when the home track differs from the norm, then the home side can sometimes struggle, and that seems the case tonight.

Take a bow Dan Thompson , that young man has really come of age these past weeks . Lawson , Harris , Batchelor , Kemp , Allen , Sedgeman all tasted defeat against young Thompson. Shame the witches have taken so long to find form .

After seeing Dan round ashfield for the U21's where he was only 3 bends from winning, I thought he looked far improved from his form in 2023. Great to see him showing Dicko what he lost out on.

5 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Think we'd be better off running R/R to be honest! When all riders chip in we have the balance right in the team but Morris really has derailed things, I'm unspeakably angry when I think about it, I'd quite happily de-bag and radish him on behalf of the SCB :angry:

I think we'll be in the play offs but any chance we had of upsetting in the final has faded away somewhat. 

Why did Morris not give a urine sample? Unless of course he knew he had taken something that would show up, is he on any medication? If so  as in the case of Kyle Howarth he would surely have been vindicated?