British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Lion

Leicester vs Sheffield 3/8/23

30 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A reduced facility  - so more of a molehill really

(I'll get my coat :D)

I doff my metaphorical hat to you, Sir!!  A fella who sits near me at Owlerton called him "Climb Ev'ry" when he rode for us :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

well you know that massive home loss on Monday, Leicester looked a pale shadow of the side i saw at Owlerton about 1 month ago. the fact one of your riders is likely now out for the season with a ban and the fact the club have just announced its up for sale - (which is a great shame I hope thats sorted) - Id say its not been the best couple of weeks!

If it is on, Leicester will beat Sheffield. 

The Nick Morris thing hasn't helped, I agree. Bringing in Bachelor, in my opinion, was a bad move. One that was never going to have a favourable outcome in a million years. 

On Monday it seemed, for whatever reason, some riders who normally perform very well at BP ...........er didn't. 

It was a blip. Leicester have more or less made the payoffs. I'm sure normal service will be resumed.  

8 hours ago, Heathcote said:

The way the press release reads it pretty much states that Sheffield had to redeclare their team Monday night....as in before the end of July? So does this mean the signing of Woffinden couldn't take place in August?

Makes sense actually,  his 28 facility ends just before transfer windows shuts so leaves Sheffield with options on last few days of it 

• Like 1

Sheffield and Woffinden avoiding an embarrassment by him missing this one and starting at the NSS instead. He struggles to ride the more technical tracks now and probably needs to arrange a practice day at Beaumont Park before tackling anything on the tighter side. Wouldn't look too good being beaten by Troy Batchelor and Kemp/Allen whereas Mountain probably will score more

Can any advise please can I pay on the night at Leicester or is it pre booked only tickets ??
Plus is it by card and cash    Thanks in advance

22 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Can any advise please can I pay on the night at Leicester or is it pre booked only tickets ??
Plus is it by card and cash    Thanks in advance

pay on night, cash or card or you can pre-purchase tickets

4 hour time limit on supermarket car park, onsite parking at the track if you arrive early enough

Edited by iainb

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

pay on night, cash or card or you can pre-purchase tickets

4 hour time limit on supermarket car park, onsite parking at the track if you arrive early enough

Thank you very much

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Sheffield and Woffinden avoiding an embarrassment by him missing this one and starting at the NSS instead. He struggles to ride the more technical tracks now and probably needs to arrange a practice day at Beaumont Park before tackling anything on the tighter side. Wouldn't look too good being beaten by Troy Batchelor and Kemp/Allen whereas Mountain probably will score more

You one of them that laughs at your own posts, thinking your a comedian? Muppet!! 

7 hours ago, justathought said:

If it is on, Leicester will beat Sheffield. 

The Nick Morris thing hasn't helped, I agree. Bringing in Bachelor, in my opinion, was a bad move. One that was never going to have a favourable outcome in a million years. 

On Monday it seemed, for whatever reason, some riders who normally perform very well at BP ...........er didn't. 

It was a blip. Leicester have more or less made the payoffs. I'm sure normal service will be resumed.  

I had you down as securing your playoff spot away at Peterborough - until the changes last night I would have felt a full strength Sheffield had a very good chance to win tonight’s meeting but now I do feel yes you will win it fairly comfortably.

Monday was surprise but from that you have tough away matches to come so felt that whilst your spot was very likely until you get one more win it wasn’t impossible for Ipswich to catch you based on they have two matches v KL and one v Peterborough both from the Buster stable!!!

Your performance at Owlerton was really impressive last month or whenever it was but what surprised me was just how bad the blip was on Monday - however you’ll be in the mix for sure for the playoffs now! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

sRaining, only a sprinkle... but there's a dollop forecast for around 4 & 6

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

sRaining, only a sprinkle... but there's a dollop forecast for around 4 & 6

Just hammered it down in the city centre, stopped now but looks like there might be more like that on the way. 

It's absolutely hammering it down 1.5 miles from the track

3 hours ago, yorkshiretyke said:

You one of them that laughs at your own posts, thinking your a comedian? Muppet!! 

Yorkshire folk weren't thin-skinned when I used to live there. Fiery Fred Trueman must be spinning in his grave