British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GregM

Speedway Star magazines

Hi,

I am wondering if somebody could give me some advice?

I am a dog walker and one of my clients who is in his 80's has a collection of Speedway Star magazines in great condition, dating back to 1979. He is looking to sell them but as he does not use the internet he does not know where to start.

I was just wondering if there is a market for this sort of thing? I think there are roughly 200 magazines and they are all in fantastic condition.

Any advice would be welcomed,

Thanks,

Greg.

Yes, there is a market for old Speedway Stars but there are plenty for sale.

Have a look at eBay to get an idea of what they are on sale for.

There are also some Facebook groups where Speedway memorabilia is bought and sold.

In my experience, there isn't a high demand for a large collection of 200 magazines, your client would have a better chance of selling individual magazines and an even better chance of selling individual magazines if they were to describe the contents/articles in the magazine. This takes effort but does attract speedway fans of particular teams or riders from years gone by.

I tried to offload mine a couple of years ago. No-one was interested, other than wanting the odd one or two they might have missing. No-one wanted a large collection.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, norbold said:

I tried to offload mine a couple of years ago. No-one was interested, other than wanting the odd one or two they might have missing. No-one wanted a large collection.

Ditto. Mine were recycled.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GregM said:

Hi,

I am wondering if somebody could give me some advice?

I am a dog walker and one of my clients who is in his 80's has a collection of Speedway Star magazines in great condition, dating back to 1979. He is looking to sell them but as he does not use the internet he does not know where to start.

I was just wondering if there is a market for this sort of thing? I think there are roughly 200 magazines and they are all in fantastic condition.

Any advice would be welcomed,

Thanks,

Greg.

Sorry to be blunt but they are effectively worthless. Save him any hassle by just recycling them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sotonian said:

Ditto. Mine were recycled.

Mine too.