British Speedway Forum

53 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Just jumped to the conclusion that when they announced these new sprints, they would of course be something different. I never in my life thought it was just the same old 4 laps under a new name. I was thinking more of the one lap dash/flying lap that they used to have as a filler. Although quite by coincdence i think the only few i saw were at Stralsund and a certain Mr Morris was the fastest :D

Ah yes, the old 'bahnrekord' or whatever it was called... :D

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2024 at 7:19 PM, stewmac said:

I have bought many tickets via the Wroclaw website. All I needed to do to register was to say I was from Great Britain, then put in my passport number and no postcode.

If you are really struggling I can buy tickets for you - I've done this for several Brits. Feel free to PM me.  If you don't trust that route, the next thing to do is to email the club and they will advise you. The email address is sekretariat@wts.pl

Thank you Stewmac, very kind :)
I did persevere and managed to purchase tickets.

• Like 1

Anyone going to Riga beware !! The GP and the SGP 2 are both 12pm starts-which is 10am UK time !!! SGP 2 is on Friday 6th September and GP Saturday 7th September.

20 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Anyone going to Riga beware !! The GP and the SGP 2 are both 12pm starts-which is 10am UK time !!! SGP 2 is on Friday 6th September and GP Saturday 7th September.

That's gonna be a good and long evening out...

Seems stupid, but probably with good reasons behind it. Like having the meeting in broad daylight to maximize the difficulties with watering...

4 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

That's gonna be a good and long evening out...

Seems stupid, but probably with good reasons behind it. Like having the meeting in broad daylight to maximize the difficulties with watering...

More to do with no floodlights i reckon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

More to do with no floodlights i reckon.

The sun has behaved pretty steadily for the past couple of seasons in providing light.... For how many hours are they currently predicting for the meeting now to drag on with a noon start?

11 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

The sun has behaved pretty steadily for the past couple of seasons in providing light.... For how many hours are they currently predicting for the meeting now to drag on with a noon start?

September is hardly mid summer- last year was August ?

Whoot ever, make them put floodlights on.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Where have you seen this? I questioned the Riga SGP Instagram on this point (as the tickets say 12,00) and they responded saying fan zones open 12.00 but both meetings start at 19.00

58 minutes ago, tomhaines said:

Where have you seen this? I questioned the Riga SGP Instagram on this point (as the tickets say 12,00) and they responded saying fan zones open 12.00 but both meetings start at 19.00

It’s all over the tickets - Travel plus tours i also understand have had confirmation. Last year was 5pm local time start i think. If it is 19.00 they will have had to install floodlights. There shouldn’t be this uncertainty and i blame Discovery Sports events fully !!!! 

On 2/24/2024 at 12:26 PM, racers and royals said:

It’s all over the tickets - Travel plus tours i also understand have had confirmation. Last year was 5pm local time start i think. If it is 19.00 they will have had to install floodlights. There shouldn’t be this uncertainty and i blame Discovery Sports events fully !!!! 

I agree it must be a 12.00 start.

I was assuming the same as the Riga website selling tickets shows 12:00 start, as does my ticket. However after showing no details for this GP for ages the FIM website page now shows the below:

image.thumb.png.6f05be50555776e8202f3b6971f19c8e.png

I'm now thinking 12:00 is probably when the gates/fanzones open after all as tomhaines was advised.  If it was a 12:00pm start there would usually be a note somewhere on the tickets or website of when the gates open, but no other times are shown that I can find.   As Racers and Royals said, there shouldn't be any uncertainty!