British Speedway Forum

Does anybody have the full list of dates/places for all the rounds in next years SGP events.

Many Thanks

45 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

Does anybody have the full list of dates/places for all the rounds in next years SGP events.

Many Thanks

Far too early to be asking that question.

Cardiff 17th August  is likely to be the only date to be announced for quite a while- some staging tracks have ongoing contracts with others possibly renewing or changing.

Warsaw will likely be the next date to be announced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Far too early to be asking that question.

Cardiff 17th August  is likely to be the only date to be announced for quite a while- some staging tracks have ongoing contracts with others possibly renewing or changing.

Warsaw will likely be the next date to be announced.

Am I right in saying cardiff was out of contract this year and I assume next years event  is just a 1 year contract.

14 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

Any rumours of Wroclaw returning? Or Bydgoszcz?

As Racers and Royals said, far too early to know yet. 

Wroclaw definitely has the stadium to host an SGP of course.

Bydgoszcz would probably need a sizeable amount of money spent on the stadium. They haven’t been an Ekstraliga team for a good few years, and the stadium looks past it’s best, sadly. 

26 minutes ago, Spidvej said:

Bydgoszcz would probably need a sizeable amount of money spent on the stadium. They haven’t been an Ekstraliga team for a good few years, and the stadium looks past it’s best, sadly. 

Bydgoszcz have spent a considerable amount of Zloty’s on the stadium with the superb back straight stand and pits area and replacing 1st/ 2nd bend and 3rd/4th bend stands.

• Like 1

Really ? 

Didn’t look like it to me when watching on TV. 

At least that gives them the opportunity to stage big events like a GP in the future then, if the club decides it wants to.

On 9/4/2023 at 1:28 PM, Spidvej said:

Damnit. Me and my crowd were saying on Saturday we were going to do a Polish GP next year, and he reckoned Bydgoszcz was a cert - it was the one we'd decided on. 

Probably be Gorzow instead.

No point doing Torun, Bartosz will have it wrapped up long before then

11 hours ago, Greeno1861 said:

Damnit. Me and my crowd were saying on Saturday we were going to do a Polish GP next year, and he reckoned Bydgoszcz was a cert - it was the one we'd decided on. 

Probably be Gorzow instead.

No point doing Torun, Bartosz will have it wrapped up long before then

A lot depends on whether tracks want to pay the staging fee to host an SGP, which, a few years ago, was €10,000 per SGP. That may have increased since then. 

The staging fee to host an SGP is partly why, as yet, we haven’t seen Pardubice host a Czech GP. The club doesn’t want it, due to the staging fee and other costs. 

Of course, Pardubice isn’t Prague and all it offers, but, depending on the type and speed of train taken, the number of stops on the journey, if you stay in Prague, you can reach Pardubice in 45 mins to 75 minutes. (Of course, there are hotels in Pardubice, but they get booked up very quickly during big events, so much easier to stay in Prague. )

If you haven’t done the Czech Golden Helmet in Pardubice already, I would recommend it. Something different, and not easily accessible / watchable on TV.

5 minutes ago, Spidvej said:

If you haven’t done the Czech Golden Helmet in Pardubice already, I would recommend it. Something different, and not easily accessible / watchable on TV.

This a thousand times :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spidvej said:

A lot depends on whether tracks want to pay the staging fee to host an SGP, which, a few years ago, was €10,000 per SGP. That may have increased since then. 

The staging fee to host an SGP is partly why, as yet, we haven’t seen Pardubice host a Czech GP. The club doesn’t want it, due to the staging fee and other costs. 

Of course, Pardubice isn’t Prague and all it offers, but, depending on the type and speed of train taken, the number of stops on the journey, if you stay in Prague, you can reach Pardubice in 45 mins to 75 minutes. (Of course, there are hotels in Pardubice, but they get booked up very quickly during big events, so much easier to stay in Prague. )

Done this many times . Even the slowest trains used to get us to Pardubice in 90 mins , buy some bus tickets at the train station on arrival for a few Czk's & jump on the speedway special bus to the the stadium. Once you get used to the system it's quite easy &  as many have stated previously the Golden Helmet  weekend is something every speedway fan should exprience at least once.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Done this many times . Even the slowest trains used to get us to Pardubice in 90 mins , buy some bus tickets at the train station on arrival for a few Czk's & jump on the speedway special bus to the the stadium. Once you get used to the system it's quite easy &  as many have stated previously the Golden Helmet  weekend is something every speedway fan should exprience at least once.  

Very true

The local bus company in Pardubice also offer a virtual bus pass - Download an app on Android or iPhone. buy the pass for at least a week, job done (This is of course a little bit more expensive than buying individual tickets, but not by much, and negates the need to buy the little paper tickets in the newsagents at Pardubice train station) 

(My pass below is currently ‘greyed out’ as it is not currently within its valid date range)

IMG_1024.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Spidvej said:

Very true

The local bus company in Pardubice also offer a virtual bus pass - Download an app on Android or iPhone. buy the pass for at least a week, job done (This is of course a little bit more expensive than buying individual tickets, but not by much, and negates the need to buy the little paper tickets in the newsagents at Pardubice train station) 

(My pass below is currently ‘greyed out’ as it is not currently within its valid date range)

IMG_1024.jpeg

The transport system in Prague & surrounding areas is brilliant I used to get the 7day tickets when I visited for breaks there in the past .  i haven't been since Covid as I can't be bothered by the "terrible service being offered by the airlines & airports presently.i first visited what was then Czechoslovakia in, i think, 1989 & have seen some massive changes there in the years since. I love the place & have visited many of the tourist locations in & around Prague over the years.Many happy memories:)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

The transport system in Prague & surrounding areas is brilliant I used to get the 7day tickets when I visited for breaks there in the past .  i haven't been since Covid as I can't be bothered by the "terrible service being offered by the airlines & airports presently.i first visited what was then Czechoslovakia in, i think, 1989 & have seen some massive changes there in the years since. I love the place & have visited many of the tourist locations in & around Prague over the years.Many happy memories:)

It’s fine now, certainly at Prague airport. 

Yes I have seen since massive changes since my first Zlata Prilba in 1997.

Pardubice has modernised a fair bit. The guys behind “Honest Guide Prague” did a YouTube video on Pardubice which is worth a watch if you haven’t already seen it. 

• Like 1