British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Wolves v Lions 4/9 P R2

48 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Has the interest in the closeness of the battle for the 4th play-off place crashed the BSPL website?

For some reason it’s always in a ropey state on a Monday night after the results for an hour or so 

well done Leicester probably just done enough now 

3 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Don’t think there is any picking of opponents in the play offs this year, one plays four and two plays three.

Holder is no longer a member of the team, Tai replaced him and the rule from last year allowing replacements for long term injuries to riders has been dropped following the number of complaints after Aces signed Robert..  not sure what Tigers can do.

He means Chris Holder.

1 minute ago, SPD444 said:

No, I mean Jack. Same as last year when Robert replaced Max in the Aces team.

The post you commented/quoted on, stated holder hates monmore, that Holder was Chris, they never mentioned Jack.

Eh, I quite enjoyed that, generally don't enjoy the racing at Monmore but went as it was the last league match.

Wolves were generally poor, S Worrall started well but tailed off.  Becker, Masters & Douglas started slow but did enough.  Cook, Schlein Flint I expected more from.

Leicester had Fricke who was outstanding & Kemp who did a job, but did throw points away.  Kerr rode well, Sedgeman & Allen were largely anonymous.  Lawson was excluded on grounds I didn't believe existed started well but faded but then got the job done in the super heat

Who'm I missing... oh R Worrall, did better than I expected but shouldn't have gifted passing opportunities to the Wolves duo in heat 14.

• Like 1

The Lions were well up for it tonight as they regularly hit the first turn in front.

Wolves had another one of those home meetings where they struggled somewhat.

I’m not a big fan of the super heat but if it is to stay I hope we can get rid of the extra point on offer as I feel there should never be more than 3 points earned between the teams for the second leg of a league match.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Glad to see Wolves come up short. Farcical points gained in recent weeks , a  reward for  not being good enough to win their home meetings. Whatever happens next year get rid of this extra heat.

Make your mine up ! You say Wolves have gained farcical points through the superheat but then are happy that they came up short via the exact same system ! 

4 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Make your mine up ! You say Wolves have gained farcical points through the superheat but then are happy that they came up short via the exact same 

Why do you think you deserve the chance of  an extra point for not being good enough to win home meetings? 

Got what they deserved. Should be 1pt to each team. The only time a Super heat should ever be needed is when the aggregate scores are level. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Why do you think you deserve the chance of  an extra point for not being good enough to win home meetings? 

Got what they deserved. Should be 1pt to each team. The only time a Super heat should ever be needed is when the aggregate scores are level. 

Strangley I agree with you. It's the American idea that there should be no such thing as a draw. On the other hand I am sure some fans have enjoyed getting another heat thrown in  for 'free'.

• Like 1

Really enjoyable meeting last night. Close scoreline, good racing, and no long delays between the heats.

Heat 15 in particular was outstanding, a fantastic race in which all four raced hard and fair.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leicester Lion said:

Really enjoyable meeting last night. Close scoreline, good racing, and no long delays between the heats.

Heat 15 in particular was outstanding, a fantastic race in which all four raced hard and fair.

Careful, you'll confuse the Monmore haters. :lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Surely in view of what has happened Richie Worralls points scored last night should be expunged 

You little tinker!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

You little tinker!

Were Darcy Ward’s points expunged in 2014? I seem to remember some team called Poole win the play offs that year. Or did they after all?

5 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Were Darcy Ward’s points expunged in 2014? I seem to remember some team called Poole win the play offs that year. Or did they after all?

Touché

Nicely done :)

• Haha 1