British Speedway Forum
davieb1

Richie Worrall statement

18 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

It’s exactly what he’s after just attention… people should just ignore him, the more people comment on his posts the more tripe he’ll write. 

Surely we need some closed season entertainment.......

I’ve just caught up on this thread and it’s a joy to read in quiet times. And interesting that the BSF community has passed judgement - and, on balance, it’s not in Richie’s favour. 
As far as the comments on Danny Bird are concerned, davie10 has half the story. There were suspicions raised about Danny in 2006 when he was riding for Glasgow. At that time, there wasn’t the same drug testing routine that has been operating for the last 6 or 7 years. 
A drug testing team arrived at Glasgow which someone spotted and Danny feigned illness or injury and was given permission by the referee, perhaps ignorant of the drug testing about to take place, gave Danny permission to leave the stadium.

Subsequently, the referee was heavily censured for his actions but, from that day, Danny was a marked man and tested positive for a distillate of cocaine when tested in 2007 at Reading. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I’ve just caught up on this thread and it’s a joy to read in quiet times. And interesting that the BSF community has passed judgement - and, on balance, it’s not in Richie’s favour. 
As far as the comments on Danny Bird are concerned, davie10 has half the story. There were suspicions raised about Danny in 2006 when he was riding for Glasgow. At that time, there wasn’t the same drug testing routine that has been operating for the last 6 or 7 years. 
A drug testing team arrived at Glasgow which someone spotted and Danny feigned illness or injury and was given permission by the referee, perhaps ignorant of the drug testing about to take place, gave Danny permission to leave the stadium.

Subsequently, the referee was heavily censured for his actions but, from that day, Danny was a marked man and tested positive for a distillate of cocaine when tested in 2007 at Reading. 

I will confess I didnt know about the Glasgow episode, but knew 100% that he was with Reading when he was banned. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1