British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfsbane

Wolves v Tigers Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg 25th September @ 19:30

6 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Haven't seen any Belle Vue fans supporting the situation either, quite ironic as well

100% endorse it...

Great to see the world's best on track...

Doyle seems to be back on Monday which is also great news...

When you are shelling out circa fifty quid for two tickets you want to see the world's best.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

For what it's worth, I can't see anything in the Green Sheets that says his previous MA is not applicable?  Even so, it does say his average is assessed.

However, as I stated earlier, the BSPL has decided that Lambert does have an Established MA - the one he achieved in 2019.   Anyway, the BSPA argument is that although 012.4.2 Guest Rider says "c) the guest must be in a current team declaration and have an established MA” it does not say he can't have an assessed average.  Again, as I stated earlier, I haven't checked if anyone else with a * next to their name has been used as a guest.

His previous MA was 7.61. That is now not applicable and he is using the 7.81 that the powers that be clearly state is an assessed average. 

He had an established average, he no longer does as he is operating under his 7.81 assessed average as given to him by the powers that be. 

No assessed rider has guested before and I’ve already provided details of when a rider was stopped from guesting “because of the assessed average”.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Haven't seen any Belle Vue fans supporting the situation either, quite ironic as well

Whats ironic? No Belle Vue fans complaining why should we come out in support not our club.

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

There's no complaints about guests per se, it's just the promise of transparency is so often ignored. Read the Regs and then explain why Lambert can guest ... the BSPL has decided what the Regs don't say, and what the Green Sheets don't say, allows Lambert to guest. How many professional sports do that? Where's the transparency, let alone the scrutiny?

Accepting what we're being fed is not the answer, that's why so many people have walked away from the sport over the years, while the Happy Clappers are taken for cash cow mugs.

Yet strangely you endorse  Lamberts inclusion in the BV team for the playoffs last year. A situation I can never remember happening before, we lost Freddy and Jacob to injury in the semifinals in 2017 and were refused permission to use Tai despite him being willing.

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Yet strangely you endorse  Lamberts inclusion in the BV team for the playoffs last year. A situation I can never remember happening before, we lost Freddy and Jacob to injury in the semifinals in 2017 and were refused permission to use Tai despite him being willing.

Let's be clear.

It was absolutely right that Lambert was aloud to ride last season.

It is absolutely right that Lambert can guest for Sheffield this season.

Both teams lost a huge rider.

Both teams gained a huge rider.

The rules are rubbish, will the BSPL ever learn.   

Sheffield fans may finally stop there moaning and whinging, but I doubt it lol.  

Edited by SUPERACE
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Let's be clear.

It was absolutely right that Lambert was aloud to ride last season.

It is absolutely right that Lambert can guest for Sheffield this season.

Both teams lost a huge rider.

Both teams gained a huge rider.

The rules are rubbish, will the BSPL ever learn.   

Sheffield fans may finally stop there moaning and whinging, but I doubt it lol.  

I accept the rules are rubbish and most can be interpreted many ways, my point is Roger had no issue with Lamberts inclusion last year yet this year he does.

Both of them are due to vague regulations to say the least.

On 9/22/2023 at 3:59 PM, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It’s not clear rule bending there were enough loop holes when I read the regulations on Sunday when I was making the case for Ipswich to use Lambert, also errors on the official team sheets on the scb all made it very easy in my opinion to use him. I said on Sunday if the regulations were put to the test Lambert would end up riding

What loophole did you spot? As it turned out Harris was an awesome guest, but before the match I would've suggested Lambert is the best option (if legal).

41 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

What loophole did you spot? As it turned out Harris was an awesome guest, but before the match I would've suggested Lambert is the best option (if legal).

The rumour on Facebook is Ipswich asked to use Lambert but we’re refused.

is there any truth in this?

Nothing against the posters but when ever i read "Rule 1.9.004 guest assessed average under 4.9988 if in a KOC cup meeting but not a League meeting......"

I scroll past. 

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

Nothing against the posters but when ever i read "Rule 1.9.004 guest assessed average under 4.9988 if in a KOC cup meeting but not a League meeting......"

I scroll past. 

So do those in charge...:D

• Like 1

Will Lambert, Lawson and Kemp help Sheffield stop the Wolves from scoring 50+ as they usually do against Tigers at Monmore… I’m not so sure 

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Will Lambert, Lawson and Kemp help Sheffield stop the Wolves from scoring 50+ as they usually do against Tigers at Monmore… I’m not so sure 

We need 55+ to take to Sheffield if Tai is back for the 2nd leg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I accept the rules are rubbish and most can be interpreted many ways, my point is Roger had no issue with Lamberts inclusion last year yet this year he does.

Both of them are due to vague regulations to say the least.

Yes I understood that, my post wasn't a dig at you.  I agree you can't have issues with one but not the other.  

• Thanks 1

Well the discussion about whether Woffinden will be back for Tigers/Wolves 2nd leg is definitely over after that :o get well soon Tai!!

• Like 1