British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue vs Ipswich play off semi 1st leg

20 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If Doyle was as Baldyman says knocked unconscious then cannot see him being able to ride due to the concussion protocol. 

Most probably not, but there is every chance meetings are called off this week so he could le be back yet.  Also and I'm not a doctor but knocked out doesn't always lead to concussion, but I'm not sure of the rules regarding if it's automatic week rest.

1 minute ago, Wolfie456 said:

Your not permitted a guest 

He knows that he stating what he'd prefer, which would benefit both teams and the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Rather go RR

Win or lose but do so as a set of Witches riders

Since when was Jack Smith a witch?

Edited by Noodles

41 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Since when was Jack Smith a witch?

No he is a RS on the official list - one of which has to be utilised to satisfy the regulations

There is no official Witch option in the circumstances so yours is a moot point really....

I suppose Joe Thompson could've been named but officially he is no more a Witch than Jack Smith by current declaration

7 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Ruthless Lambert now that would be karma on Belle Vue.

A Wolves fan bringing up karma. 

7 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No he is a RS on the official list - one of which has to be utilised to satisfy the regulations

There is no official Witch option in the circumstances so yours is a moot point really....

I suppose Joe Thompson could've been named but officially he is no more a Witch than Jack Smith by current declaration

So not a full team of Witches then. 

10 minutes ago, Noodles said:

So not a full team of Witches then. 

Splitting hairs there considering can't sign anyone now and can't use RR for the RS!

For team building purposes only the 6 are included so you could argue yes :P

So just to muddy the waters I’ve just read the SCB regulations.

They seem to state a guest is permitted for any rider in the teams teams top 3. More so a rider with a current match average can guest. 

Robet Lambert is showing an average of 7.81  which suggests that is an official match average as an assessed average is either 4.0 5.0 of 8.0 

if I was Mr Louis I’d be on the phone to the solicitors today.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Most probably not, but there is every chance meetings are called off this week so he could le be back yet.  Also and I'm not a doctor but knocked out doesn't always lead to concussion, but I'm not sure of the rules regarding if it's automatic week rest.

A person can be concussed without being knocked out. However being knocked out always involves being concussed 

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not allowed as on an assessed average

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Assessed average so not allowed

13 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

They seem to state a guest is permitted for any rider in the teams teams top 3. More so a rider with a current match average can guest. 

Robet Lambert is showing an average of 7.81  which suggests that is an official match average as an assessed average is either 4.0 5.0 of 8.0 

Yes the latest declarations have Robert Lambert on an average of 7.81, how can that be an assessed average??

13 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

It's definitely assessed - it just happened to be assessed as his previously achieved average from years back!

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's definitely assessed - it just happened to be assessed as his previously achieved average from years back!

I get what you’re saying, but it’s still an achieved averaged and not an assessed average for a newcomer. There’s surely grounds there to at least push surely?

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

I get what you’re saying, but it’s still an achieved averaged and not an assessed average for a newcomer. There’s surely grounds there to at least push surely?

I make a big thing about being annoyed when posters alter the way they want the regulations interpreted when it affects their team and don't plan to be hypocritical about this situation

It may be harsh , stupid , wrong (take your pick) in many peoples view but it is what it is

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

In which case the regulations suggest it’s classified as a match average as it’s not an assessed average of 4.0 5.0 or 8.0 & Lamberts average hasn’t been adjusted up or down allowing for three years of league absence.

as always open to interpretation & more holes than Swiss cheese.

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I make a big thing about being annoyed when posters alter the way they want the regulations interpreted when it affects their team and don't plan to be hypocritical about this situation

It may be harsh , stupid , wrong (take your pick) in many peoples view but it is what it is

Yeah I get that, but that’s not the way I’d personally feel about it. To me, that’s not what an “assessed” average is, I’ve never thought of it that way. To me it’s an official green sheet average so no bending of the rules necessary. I’ve always thought an assessed average was an average assigned to a new rider that hasn’t yet achieved an official GSA. 

Edited by Arch Stanton