British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

King’s Lynn 2024 serious team predictions

14 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

At a guess his machinery’s gone to pot and he’s probably not got connections or money to sort it out. Also explains why KL called Sheffield meeting off 

Agree, That and Uncle Artem not riding in the UK has had an effect imo. 

Having to start from scratch with all the machinery problems so far he's basically said F IT I'm out of here.

What a shambles the start of the season has turned out to be.

Buster needs to sort out strengthening the team asap or he wont see another crowd this season like we had against Belle Vue.

What riders are out there, that could come in and make us stronger though??

• Haha 1

So tarasenko’s agent informed kl on Tuesday afternoon that he wanted to stop riding in the uk and by Wednesday dinner time the change is already been ratified by the bspa hmm smells very fishy. Changes don’t get ratified that quickly do they? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

So tarasenko’s agent informed kl on Tuesday afternoon that he wanted to stop riding in the uk and by Wednesday dinner time the change is already been ratified by the bspa hmm smells very fishy. Changes don’t get ratified that quickly do they? 

Why? Klindt was probably lined up already to replace tofty but just sped up the process 

• Like 1

Probably lack of riders Monday. NKI and Basso still ruled out and Tarasenko potentially withholding services. That's a lot of guests or r/r and not many options I suspect 

31 minutes ago, therefused said:

Why? Klindt was probably lined up already to replace tofty but just sped up the process 

Because you can’t just call meetings off at the drop of a hat. Every man and his dog knew on Monday that no rain was forecast so why call the meeting off? They probably knew on Sunday or Monday Tarasenko wouldn’t be returning the kl promotion are a joke. 

• Like 2

I imagine the decision was made by his Polish club on Sunday evening or Monday morning after the second defeat this season to a team that many thought would be wooden spoon winners in Poland.

Buster 'Hello Vadim, I'm just calling to let you know about our updated schedule and the dates we'll be running on after a few early season postponements'

Vadim...................

The Inbetweeners | GIFGlobe

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Because you can’t just call meetings off at the drop of a hat. Every man and his dog knew on Monday that no rain was forecast so why call the meeting off? They probably knew on Sunday or Monday Tarasenko wouldn’t be returning the kl promotion are a joke. 

you didnt even mention the call off in your first post? I'm pretty certain changes can get ratified extremely quickly. 

5 minutes ago, therefused said:

you didnt even mention the call off in your first post? I'm pretty certain changes can get ratified extremely quickly. 

I know sorry! I just meant they probably knew over the weekend Tarasenko wouldn’t be back and I’m sure the rule used to be that you had to submit your team 2 days before a meeting meaning they ride Thursday so they must’ve had this all sorted on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. 

7 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

I know sorry! I just meant they probably knew over the weekend Tarasenko wouldn’t be back and I’m sure the rule used to be that you had to submit your team 2 days before a meeting meaning they ride Thursday so they must’ve had this all sorted on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. 

As fans, there's no point quoting rules. 

Teams have signed riders on the day of a meeting & raced that evening before. 

Teams will do what suits their situation best, they ALL do it, every single one. 

100% if Sheffield needed a win at home & Woffinden got his a$$ stuck in the toilet they'd call off the meeting due to an unfavourable weather forecast. 

This isn't new, but because King's Lynn always find themselves in the s#!t week in week out, year in year out, shady call offs will happen more regularly. 

Although a sport, they too will have to try & protect their business. Getting whacked at home every week will not help them survive. 

No defender of Buster at all but fans need to understand the predicament teams at the bottom face. 

The league can't afford anymore clubs going under, it's a real risk right now for King's Lynn. Closer than you think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Season over.

Tarasenko has quit and is replaced by Klindt.

Didn't want to ride for Panthers B team after all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1