British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

Witches will definately have to take a risk with team building to fit in Doyle and Emil, had a look at averages just now

1. Emil 10.10

2. Rew 4.00

3. Douglas 7.13, Masters 7.12, King 7.03

4. Wojdylo 5.00

5. Doyle 9.12

6. D. Thompson 3.60 

7. Boughen RS

For me i attend to watch good racing and this season watching Doyle and Emil has been great, the thought of watching the development of Thompson/Boughen alongside two esrablished stars would get me attending even if they don't win anything

If Witches want a team to challenge for the title and to satisfy the heart, go with the idea that Emil isn't in the UK next season

1. Doyle 9.12

2. Wojdylo 5.00

3. Masters/Douglas 

4. Ellis 5.56

5. Janowski 8.00

6. Rew 4.00

7. D. Thompson RS

Hopefully the powers that be will increase the team building average by a point or 2 so Ipi can run with a couple of big hitters again, we can pretty much guarantee that King will be back again i'd of thought tho.

18 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Witches will definately have to take a risk with team building to fit in Doyle and Emil, had a look at averages just now

1. Emil 10.10

2. Rew 4.00

3. Douglas 7.13, Masters 7.12, King 7.03

4. Wojdylo 5.00

5. Doyle 9.12

6. D. Thompson 3.60 

7. Boughen RS

For me i attend to watch good racing and this season watching Doyle and Emil has been great, the thought of watching the development of Thompson/Boughen alongside two esrablished stars would get me attending even if they don't win anything

If Witches want a team to challenge for the title and to satisfy the heart, go with the idea that Emil isn't in the UK next season

1. Doyle 9.12

2. Wojdylo 5.00

3. Masters/Douglas 

4. Ellis 5.56

5. Janowski 8.00

6. Rew 4.00

7. D. Thompson RS

That second team would clean up. Looks far superior. Just shows how strong a team can look all the way down when not retaining the top two. 

Question would Riss be worth a gamble sub 5 at the moment historically a solid 6 point rider. Or gamble and go for two 5.00 new comers?

Emil 10.10

Wojodydo 5.00

Pickering 6.78

Riss/newcomer 

Doyle 9.12

Rew 4.00

The fact that they’ve persevered with Riss and watched his average tumble suggests that he may be back… like others though I’d take a newcomer on a 5.00 and see what happens

On 10/7/2023 at 5:43 PM, Arch Stanton said:

As an Ipswich supporter I think we’d be mad as well to be honest. It’s ok when Emil is on an 8.00 but over 10? At the start of the year the top two had a combined average of 18.32, they now sit on 19.22 between them, almost a point more. I can’t be the only one that feared a 5-1 or 4-2 in every heat on Thursday that didn’t involve Doyle or Emil? As much as it pains me to say it, but for me it has to be one or the other and then build with a bit more strength in the middle order and reserve. 

I’ll use Musielak just as an example as I’m sure he’ll be back at Sheffield, but you could go Doyle and Musielak up top for a combined average of 17.81 which would give you nearly a point and a half more than the current top two to fit in a stronger number 6. That kinda makes sense to me as hard as it would be to see Emil (or Doyle) ride for someone else! You could now possibly see Dudek come in to British Speedway. Not as good as Emil no, but on an 8.00 as apposed to 10.10 and as daft as it sounds, he’d arguably be the better signing.  All about increasing your averages, Dudek would surely increase an 8.00, would Emil increase 10.10?

Tobi is not back at Sheffield  

I think they will just go with what brings in the best footfall,,, and if it happens to do okay,, then that's a bonus, I would imagine survival and money in the bank is more preferable to silverware. 

Looking at some other threads and prospect of 42 for top 6 riders maybe this

Emil 10.10

Z Cook 5.10

King 7.05

Harris 6.37

Doyle 9.12

Rew 4.00

RS - Dan T/ Boughen/ Thomas/ whoever

1 hour ago, blue witch said:

Looking at some other threads and prospect of 42 for top 6 riders maybe this

Emil 10.10

Z Cook 5.10

King 7.05

Harris 6.37

Doyle 9.12

Rew 4.00

RS - Dan T/ Boughen/ Thomas/ whoever

If 42.00 for the top 6

1. Emil 10.10

2. Wojdylo 5.00/ Z.Cook 5.10

3. Janowski 8.00

4. Ellis 5.56

5. Doyle 9.12

6. Rew 4.00

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

If 42.00 for the top 6

1. Emil 10.10

2. Wojdylo 5.00/ Z.Cook 5.10

3. Janowski 8.00

4. Ellis 5.56

5. Doyle 9.12

6. Rew 4.00

Oh no not Janowski, not the sort of rider we need.

• Like 1

Danny will be a dead cert after captaining the team to some silverware. Could see 6 of the same riders from this year. 

If Ellis is going to BV how about Tom Brennan to Ipswich

56 minutes ago, Bash said:

If Ellis is going to BV how about Tom Brennan to Ipswich

Generally goes well round Foxhall, but will BV really part with him?