British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

55 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Hearing that Sayfutdinov, King and Ellis are nailed on.    Could also keep Doyle with something like this potential league winning side....

E Sayfutdinov  10.10
J Doyle   9.12
D King   7.05
A Ellis    5.57
K Rew  4.00
B Barker 3.96
D Thompson  RS  

=    39.80

Would rather have a new foreigner than Barker,,, but we do like to keep regurgitating the same old riders 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Would rather have a new foreigner than Barker,,, but we do like to keep regurgitating the same old riders 

Surely it would be Hume at #6 ...

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Surely it would be Hume at #6 ...

Hope not personally,, not worth putting a team together with zero improvement in it,,,thats not how you win.

E Sayfutdinov  10.10
J Doyle   9.12
D King   7.05
A Ellis    5.57
K Rew  4.00
B Barker 3.96
D Thompson  RS 

100% should be the team, if its either rumoured or some clever cloggs has put this together, email it to Richie and Chris asap

If Ellis takes a little while to dial in and Emils average comes down slightly then you could end up upgrading Barker - but we know that's not how the promotion works at Foxhall 

22 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

E Sayfutdinov  10.10
J Doyle   9.12
D King   7.05
A Ellis    5.57
K Rew  4.00
B Barker 3.96
D Thompson  RS 

100% should be the team, if its either rumoured or some clever cloggs has put this together, email it to Richie and Chris asap

If Ellis takes a little while to dial in and Emils average comes down slightly then you could end up upgrading Barker - but we know that's not how the promotion works at Foxhall 

Barker would start in the main body but I’d expect him and Rew to swap after the first set of averages. Agree though, that looks a superb team. Pretty sure that won’t be it though. 

I don't know if people have watched a different Rew than me but unless he improves his gating his average in the UK will never be much more than a 4/5 imo

Rarely looks like hes going to pass anyone either and that watching him on all tracks even BV which is most like the ones he rides in Poland

6 minutes ago, blue witch said:

I don't know if people have watched a different Rew than me but unless he improves his gating his average in the UK will never be much more than a 4/5 imo

Rarely looks like hes going to pass anyone either and that watching him on all tracks even BV which is most like the ones he rides in Poland

I can see your point about his gating. It isn’t great. 

4 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Well this season it was his first  season so a little slack should possibly be given,, even though they seemed to race at all the other tracks every few weeks,,, you would like to think he should improve slightly next season,,, although he does seem to have gone to the Cameron Heeps school of gating,, which is never going to help. 

43 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Barker would start in the main body but I’d expect him and Rew to swap after the first set of averages. Agree though, that looks a superb team. Pretty sure that won’t be it though. 

Rew  as signed for LESZNO  in ekstraliga so that's 3 ekstraliga riders current rule only 2  so unless it  changes can't be the team :unsure:

On 10/29/2023 at 6:32 PM, Baldyman said:

Hope not personally,, not worth putting a team together with zero improvement in it,,,thats not how you win.

I agree, but can't see how Hume would be left out given his popularity with the masses - he's an all round good guy, who's a guaranteed 100% trier - irrespective of his results.  Nothing stops him from being liked, even his failures in the Final at Foxhall.

PS: Barker wouldn't be a choice for me either.

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If Brits continue to get a discount, then he would start at reserve ...

23 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

If Brits continue to get a discount, then he would start at reserve ...

Thought that was just for team building purposes. I lose track of these things. I know this cropped up a lot last winter and I can’t remember which way it ended up. And to be honest, past caring. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Thought that was just for team building purposes. I lose track of these things. I know this cropped up a lot last winter and I can’t remember which way it ended up. And to be honest, past caring. 

Same here.  I was told earlier this year by BSPA Office that the discount only counted for team building, but then Brennan started at reserve for Belle Vue ...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Same here.  I was told earlier this year by BSPA Office that the discount only counted for team building, but then Brennan started at reserve for Belle Vue ...

Brennan (and Hume) were not the British reductions

Theirs was a special 25% for exiting the RS scheme

Personally I wouldn’t want Barker and his baggage anywhere near Foxhall again regardless of average