British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches 2024 serious team predictions

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Doyle, Ellis, Dan T, Rew & Jenkins can take r/r outings.

I'd stick with guests & r/r till he's fit again.

Guest options in May:

B.Cook, Douglas, Masters, Becker, Lawson, C.Holder, Pickering, Brennan, Basso, Klindt, Tungate, Harris, Wright & of course Scotty Nicholls!

4 hours ago, AceBelle said:

Are these guests on April or may averages ? 

These are guests available using the May averages.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

On a typical Thursday, only one team isn’t racing. This has to be factored in when looking at guests.

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Correct. Our next meeting on Thursday, only Belle Vue not racing. The one after that on Bank Holiday Monday, only Sheffield not racing. Drastically reduces guest options. R/R or a Temporary signing probably the best way to go. 

There will.always be one team not racing, if you can't get a good guests r/r is always available. Ben Cook at Leicester? Josh Pickering at home to King's Lynn?

5 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Forget Holder, he's pants round Foxhall, and with Scott's TV work ramping up will he want to take many guest bookings 

If Sheffield are not racing could use Pickering at home but Holder away then?

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

These are guests available using the May averages.

going to be horses for courses for sure !!

17 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

going to be horses for courses for sure !!

Some matches they won't have a lot of options, but I still think guests or r/r will be decent cover for King.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Some matches they won't have a lot of options, but I still think guests or r/r will be decent cover for King.

Chris is no mug, there is an extremely good chance that he's already pencilled in replacements having browsed the fixtures...;)

Posted (edited)

I think it will probably be r/r for Thursday and Monday as the options look very limited, although maybe B Cook for Thursday.

Generally, r/r should be OK for home meetings but more troublesome away.

Edited by JamesB

Posted (edited)

I feel like we can cover R/R at home fairly well... Doyle getting an extra ride is appealing and you could stick him in heat 5 up against the opposition's number 1 perhaps...  

Away from home, I would definitely prefer to see a guest

*EDIT* Posted just after JamesB, but as you can see I agree with him! :D

Edited by MP78

I agree on B.Cook for Thursday, i can see that happening for sure.But i think you will all find that they will be bringing in a Replacement for Danny asap. Probably in for King's Lynn on Bank Holiday Monday, might be wrong. Chris and Ritchie might also be waiting to see if any other team does another Panic decision (Klindt) and see if anybody becomes available, but i'm pretty sure they will replace Danny in the septet. Tough meeting at Leicester this Thursday, and am already looking forward to the drive to support the boys. You never know Chris may already have Danny's replacement already lined up. Roll on Thursday.

Zagar as 28 day replacement? Who else is out there?? Nicholls got his eurosport commitments

I know that we have started the season well but from what I have seen so far I am not convinced that this team is as strong as some are making out.

Jenkins has been struggling probably through being in the main team, although his lower scoring has been compensated for by Thompson’s impressive start. Can he keep up this start now he is the main team?

The greater concern has to be Rew. He was never intended to be in a reserve position which is forcing Jenkins and Thompson into the main team. Rew is the key to success particularly if we are going to be using r/r for a while.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I know that we have started the season well but from what I have seen so far I am not convinced that this team is as strong as some are making out.

Jenkins has been struggling probably through being in the main team, although his lower scoring has been compensated for by Thompson’s impressive start. Can he keep up this start now he is the main team?

The greater concern has to be Rew. He was never intended to be in a reserve position which is forcing Jenkins and Thompson into the main team. Rew is the key to success particularly if we are going to be using r/r for a while.

I'd agree I'm sure they expected more of Rew. Like you say scoring enough to keep Jenkins & Dan T at reserve. 

Starting a point below the limit, they could've gone with Riss or Cook instead, but that's easy to say with hindsight.

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Witches sign Taransenko as a 28 day replacement for Danny King :blink:

He's probably serving a ban for withholding his services

• Haha 1