British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches vs Belle Vue Aces (new playoff semi 1st leg) 21/09/23

I see this as 42-42 going into the Final Heat

Unless Kurtz has an absolute stinker, he is the key man for the Aces tonight, capable of beating Emil around Foxhall 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Aces not having Wright doesn’t strengthen them at all, he rides Foxhall very well… he scored paid 9 and paid 10 in his 2 meetings at Foxhall this season 

Was referring to over 2 legs but point well made.

11 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Can’t use a rising star attached to a team

Although in the guest section that contains the 8 day rule that sees Joe Thompson miss out it states that the guest MUST be in a declared 1-7!!

Just now, stevebrum said:

Was referring to over 2 legs but point well made.

I don’t think Aces not having Wright at the NSS strengthens them either tbh… Wright is a loss in both legs, but Doyley obviously a much bigger loss for Ipswich 

18 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I wonder why Witches didn’t use Rowe as guest rising star instead of Jack Smith? He’s in great form!… Unless he declined 

Don't forget Ipswich could have chosen Rowe (or Kemp) as their RS. But for whatever reason, went with Joe T when Thomas got injured. It's their own fault if it comes back to haunt them.

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't forget Ipswich could have chosen Rowe (or Kemp) as their RS. But for whatever reason, went with Joe T when Thomas got injured. It's their own fault if it comes back to haunt them.

I agree, they had better options at the time… but Rowe and Kemp may have declined 

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

I will be disappointed if the Aces lose by more than 6 tonight.  I think Doyle missing offsets us missing Charles, and we usually ride Foxhall well, I expect Dan to step up with a big score tonight. 

You reckon? LOL

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Can’t use a rising star attached to a team

Like that's never been said before :rofl:

• Haha 1

Think some Belle Vue fans are making up excuses if they lose to a weakened Ipswich team. Ipswich are the underdogs after losing Doyle. We have had to replace him with a riser almost 2.5 under his average, whereas they are using RR and one of his rides is taken by a higher average rider.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bash said:

Think some Belle Vue fans are making up excuses if they lose to a weakened Ipswich team. Ipswich are the underdogs after losing Doyle. We have had to replace him with a riser almost 2.5 under his average, whereas they are using RR and one of his rides is taken by a higher average rider.

It’s the same old guff you know it’s coming a Mile off. 

If the monsoons I'm witnessing in Essex make it 10 miles down the a12 to Suffolk,,, there is no way this has a chance of being on 

There are plenty of slow moving and hefty showers down there. It's gonna rain in Ipswich, 100%, just depends how much. There's a lot of heavy stuff but also some lighter patches.

I think Brennan and Blodorn could be key for us keeping it close, both have been a bit more hit and miss this season as can happen with young riders. I would expect Dan to be a lot better than his 4 points on our last visit, Doyle a big miss be interesting to see if the play off version of Harris turns up, will have to have some meeting to match Jason. I think Ipswich take the win, by how many could depend on Tom and Norick, King seems to be riding well at the moment, Riss and Rew could be key for Ipswich.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

You reckon? LOL

Yes, not on ability, but with the fact Ipswich can get a guest where as we are having to use r/r. 

• Haha 1