British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches vs Belle Vue Aces (new playoff semi 1st leg) 21/09/23

Just now, bellevueace said:

Been disappointing for us this season looking at the quality of the league.

In you're defeat at Owlerton he seemed unhappy with his bikes but he has had all season to get this right!

Every club has ups and downs throughout the season. Ipswich had theirs mid season and it nearly cost them. But there’s no doubt they’re the form horse. We all had them pre-season favorites or one of them, they’re now showing it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I hope Ipswich win it got 11/2 the other day

Good shout mate

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rob B said:

He been poor all season, think it’s been poor machinery mostly but tonight was more mental. He flys out of the gate for Wroclaw. 

He wouldnt last 5 minutes there riding like he has for us.

Edited by bellevueace

8 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

In you're defeat at Owlerton he seemed unhappy with his bikes but he has had all season to get this right!

Ive felt for a while he regrets riding the UK this season, best bikes no doubt in Poland, just feels weve been sold short.

Take a bow Danny King as well - great end of season form, and special mention for Keynan Rew also!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bellevueace said:

Ive felt for a while he regrets riding the UK this season, best bikes no doubt in Poland, just feels weve been sold short.

Yeah I feel you could be right - i was disappointed at Owlerton, I expected more from him, as a relative neutral the meeting suffered as a result of his 3 from 4 rides. Then shortly after he goes a wins a GP!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

I don't buy that at all, he'll be wanting to win all the races he's in. No reason for his machinery to be sub-standard with all the money he's making and why would you want to lose races. He's just being beaten. The UK is not as easy as some think. 

• Like 2

Well done the Witches, THE form team in September.

Never expected that Bomber would do pretty much a similar job as Doylie so credit where credit is due.

The table toppers were awful. 

Absolutely terrible from the Aces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Terrific performance from the Witches.Alot of sour grapes from Aces fans

Where I've not seen any. 

1 hour ago, blue witch said:

Hard to have good racing when 5 riders didn’t fancy mixing it with the witches. Probably seen some of the best racing at foxhall this season compared to past years. But tonight who cares we have an 18 point lead 

It's the playoffs, if your team are in it you don't care about good racing, it's all about winning.  I agree 5 Belle Vue riders didn't fancy it tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Well, my prediction was way out. Biggest hero of the night for me was Jack Smith. Don't think he's ridden much at Foxhall before but got stuck in and wasn't nt afraid of the outside - when Bailey steamed under him he held it together around the outside to stay in front. Yet again poor team riding from king to lose the 5-1 in heat 3. Think this is not over and the Aces can easily pull that deficit back. 

Easily? Impossible no, likely no, but it will be far from easy. Ipswich shouldn't let this go from here. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Where I've not seen any. 

Over reaction maybe on my part, saw a couple of fans moaning about track,lack of passing etc. This is Foxhall not the NSS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Over reaction maybe on my part, saw a couple of fans moaning about track,lack of passing etc. This is Foxhall not the NSS.

The weather played it's part, but I'm not interested in good racing in play offs it's all about the winning.  We simply were not good enough .