British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2024

Don't get where the anti-Lambert comments are coming from.

His average from 15 matches this year is 5.86 (6.84). His 20 match rolling ave, which obviously must include his last 5 matches from last year is 5.73 (6.68).

Every rider should want their 24 average to be higher than their "rolling" average - this shows their scores must be improving!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rearingtogo said:

Best not be riding under his condition, letting his club down in under performing if not well. Hope he gets sorted soon.

Simon said in the clubhouse, Friday, that he has been suffering for 7 weeks.

Did he know it would be that long & who is out there as a temporary replacement?

Would r/r do it's job with Jake, Connor, Nathan & Luke available to take his rides? (Don't forget they would be riding with our no1 & against opposition heat leaders). 

On 7/27/2024 at 11:19 AM, rearingtogo said:

Both inconsistent and going no further in careers. I think both riders are up their promoters arses and can do nowt wrong

I think you must have crawled out of your own Arse with the continuous  image.jpeg.ec441eaef0e0b406fcfaf7f9983f5d2b.jpeg you post!

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2024 at 11:19 AM, rearingtogo said:

Both inconsistent and going no further in careers. I think both riders are up their promoters arses and can do nowt wrong

I think you're so far up your own arse that you can't find the way out..

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 7:16 PM, rearingtogo said:

My opinion full stop.

7 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

Don’t like the truth, tough

6 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

Just for given an opinion I think not bully boy

It's very hard to take your opinions seriously because you seem to be so anti Simon Lambert, suggesting extreme measures for a disappointing season (retiring), not giving any credit when someone points out he's had a good match (calling it a one-off) or basically ignoring posts which show his average has hardly dropped (which I've shown), besides there are lots of riders who have dropped their averages this year.

So Simon Lambert has dropped a "whopping" 0.18 from last year's average (6.02 - 5.84)

The following riders have dropped more:

Sam Masters 9.47 - 9.06

Chris Harris 9.18 - 8.79

Danny King 8.63 - 7.66

Kyle Howarth 7.96 - 7.39

Ben Barker 7.61 - 6.45

Jye Etheridge 5.91 - 5.69

Jordan Jenkins 5.98 - 5.41

Kyle Newman 5.65 - 5.37

Connor Bailey 5.36 - 5.10

Jonas Knudsen 5.39 - 4.97

Henry Atkins 4.43 - 4.05

Paul Starke 4.10 - 3.51

Ace Pijper 3.25 - 3.01

So unless you're suggesting all these riders are having stinkers of a season, past their best and it's time to hang their leathers up, it appears you are singling out Lambert!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It's very hard to take your opinions seriously because you seem to be so anti Simon Lambert, suggesting extreme measures for a disappointing season (retiring), not giving any credit when someone points out he's had a good match (calling it a one-off) or basically ignoring posts which show his average has hardly dropped (which I've shown), besides there are lots of riders who have dropped their averages this year.

So Simon Lambert has dropped a "whopping" 0.18 from last year's average (6.02 - 5.84)

The following riders have dropped more:

Sam Masters 9.47 - 9.06

Chris Harris 9.18 - 8.79

Danny King 8.63 - 7.66

Kyle Howarth 7.96 - 7.39

Ben Barker 7.61 - 6.45

Jye Etheridge 5.91 - 5.69

Jordan Jenkins 5.98 - 5.41

Kyle Newman 5.65 - 5.37

Connor Bailey 5.36 - 5.10

Jonas Knudsen 5.39 - 4.97

Henry Atkins 4.43 - 4.05

Paul Starke 4.10 - 3.51

Ace Pijper 3.25 - 3.01

So unless you're suggesting all these riders are having stinkers of a season, past their best and it's time to hang their leathers up, it appears you are singling out Lambert!

Very well put sir

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can the club sort out the P.A. system as it is awful ,especially the one facing the stand after the start finish. Can the announcer, the result announcer and the DJ also have some system between them so they are not playing music and trying to talk over one another.  On a positive ,the scoreboard  and count down are  working well. Rant over.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Can the club sort out the P.A. system as it is awful ,especially the one facing the stand after the start finish. Can the announcer, the result announcer and the DJ also have some system between them so they are not playing music and trying to talk over one another.  On a positive ,the scoreboard  and count down are  working well. Rant over.:rolleyes:

Can’t here a thing here in south lincs

The announcer i believe wears a mic around his neck that sits below his chin,so as he moves his head the mic loses his voice. What he needs is a gaming headset

Also the system in the clubhouse doesnt work either or gets feedback through the speakers

As a Worky fan there on Friday I can confirm the speaker on turn 1 was just acoustic noise when the presenter spoke but nice and clear on updates from the result announcer. It was same earlier in the season .

23 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Rob said in the clubhouse, Friday, that he had got someone in from Sheffield & cost £500 & it was ok when tested on Wednesday. We, in the stand before the start/finish have lost a speaker & the 2 speakers on the lighting poles closest both point away.

22 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

Can’t here a thing here in south lincs

No, but unfortunately, we can hear you!

22 hours ago, Paul Johnson said:

The announcer i believe wears a mic around his neck that sits below his chin,so as he moves his head the mic loses his voice. What he needs is a gaming headset

Also the system in the clubhouse doesnt work either or gets feedback through the speakers

That is what I thought & have been saying it for years. When playing music, it is very clear so, obviously, the problem is in the microphone or signal or the users. A sports microphone might be better.

Speakers in car park are great, perhaps we should all run out there to listen to scores and interviews between races.  As above poster said, we have put up with poor P.A.system for years, both outside and in the after meeting presentation.

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

No, but unfortunately, we can hear you!

Now let’s not be sarcastic.

Edited by rearingtogo

The new and nearby EE phone tower interferes with the frequency of the microphone/speakers. Tonight Vs Plymouth they lowered the frequency to stop the tower from interfering, therefore the sound was a lot clearer tonight. :t:

Edited by scorpion61
  • Like 2