British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Tigers vs Wolves (playoff semi 2nd leg) 28/09/23

3 hours ago, AceBelle said:

it's a moral thing !! by all means guest but riding against the club that pay's 95% of your wages in a play/off semi-final ??  some people have no morals sadly !!

I expect  Belle Vue were delighted that it was him riding as he's that bad .

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I understand your point, but Smith can only guest against Belle Vue because they've deemed him not good enough to ride for them?

He's surplus to requirements as Belle Vue (correctly) believe Bailey to be stronger, so on theory shouldn't scire any points, if they lost out - need to blame themselves for not riding well enough, that's my view anyway.

Smith rode against wolves at NSS this season scoring 2pts so he has been given a chance !! also see Ipswich don't  want to use him in the final ?? 

8 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Football has a 20 plus man squads, would need a lot of injuries before guests were required

I used footbball as an hypothetical example.

11 hours ago, bellevueace said:

I used footbball as an hypothetical example.

But that's the problem, there is no other sport like speedway when it comes to guests, i have asked a couple of times on here this week what the solution to guests is, the only answer i have had is have a squad, we all know that is not possible in British speedway

So what is the solution?

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

But that's the problem, there is no other sport like speedway when it comes to guests, i have asked a couple of times on here this week what the solution to guests is, the only answer i have had is have a squad, we all know that is not possible in British speedway

So what is the solution?

How many riders have Sheffield used this year?

Do you think bringing in Tai and big Holder etc has cost any less than the squad idea?

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

How many riders have Sheffield used this year?

Do you think bringing in Tai and big Holder etc has cost any less than the squad idea?

So you think paying Tai and Holder a retainer for a season, hoping they wont be needed will be cheaper, don't forget when Tai and Holder are put into the team, we would need to sign other riders to make up the squad,

we have 4 riders out injured, we would have needed an 11 man squad to cover them, then need another four riders to make up the squad back to 11

you think that would be cheaper than what we have done, if it was all teams would do it, none have

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

So what is the solution?

This is the point. People moan and Groan but when asked can't come up with a better solution. Ive seen  people's  squad ideas and none of them make no sense or have any  understanding   of the cost of it. . Easy to moan from the sidelines a lot harder when you are in the hot seat 

Edited by orion