British Speedway Forum

So who would people like to see around shielfield in 2024 after a very disappointing 2023 ,would you keep any of the 2023 riders ,I personally would like to see Schlein ,Hook and Coles back .

Definitely coles, he had a good season. 

Wonder what are the chances of getting Jordan Jenkins? none probably! Certainly looks like he loves Berwick. Guess Oxford will be keeping a tight hold.

If Flint and more so Etheridge can perform like they have the last few weeks but throughout the season then yeah. I know he's been mostly poor but If Jye can get a good injury free run he could turn it all around. He's had some pretty heavy whacks 

7 hours ago, BRITISHSPEEDPOWER said:

Definitely coles, he had a good season. 

Wonder what are the chances of getting Jordan Jenkins? none probably! Certainly looks like he loves Berwick. Guess Oxford will be keeping a tight hold.

If Flint and more so Etheridge can perform like they have the last few weeks but throughout the season then yeah. I know he's been mostly poor but If Jye can get a good injury free run he could turn it all around. He's had some pretty heavy whacks 

Why Oxford keeping a tight hold? he’s a bears asset 

33 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Which means absolutely nothing, apart from a loan fee which is probably illegal anyway if it was ever challenged.

• Like 1

Flint did ok on his Redcar audition for 2024 at Oxford on Sunday. Let’s see how Friday night at Scunthorpe goes. 

I would have Rory back but preferably at Number 5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Normski said:

I would have Rory back but preferably at Number 5

I agree Rory had a decent season.Think we need to see league structures for next season before trying to pick aTeam.We know Bandits are running but at what level.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redtruck said:

Flint and jye on a good day are brilliant but this year nowhere near it ,jye is injury prone and was injured before the season even started plus cant ride many away tracks well , flint is a young rider with great potential but needs to go somewhere where he can improve and he won’t get that at Berwick 

Edited by Dnorthstar1970
  • Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 6:25 AM, Redtruck said:

Redcar wanted Jenkins this year, but he went where he got paid more (nothing wrong with that) so a team's assets mustn't mean much?

5. Schlein

6. Hook

7. Coles

He wouldn’t leave Scunny i doubt but Simon Lambert always goes well around Shielfield, would happily have Pickering too but I doubt it. A solid number 1 is what we need, but that’s easier said than done. Especially with N Morris banned and potentially R Worrall too.

What’s going on with the worrall thing all gone very quiet.surely for the good of the sport and the rider a decision should be reached by now.