British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

See Spittaler post earlier 

You ain't going to get three heat leaders with new point set up 

Two yes and rest teams filled with 4 to 6 point average guys and 2 point reserve

It way of the world now in Championship 

Yes weaker every season 

9 hours ago, Spittaler said:

Think with 38 points limits not many teams will have a high average third top rider? Given Berwick got something like 22 points left for 5 riders it not huge and other clubs be the same.

Maybe a 2 pointer at reserve leaves four from 20 points left?

I know i am a mile out but a team like this would fit Kerr, Howarth, Sclein, Jye, Bowtell, Coles, Hodder

56 minutes ago, Normski said:

I know i am a mile out but a team like this would fit Kerr, Howarth, Sclein, Jye, Bowtell, Coles, Hodder

I see 3 heatleaders in that Team.So some Clubs might have what some people call 3 “Heatleaders “.Obviously weakens 2nd strings and reserves.Worked for Tigers last year IMO

2 hours ago, Normski said:

Young Hodder was very impressive for Belle Vue at Berwick.last season 

Can only improve me thinks 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Young Hodder was very impressive for Belle Vue at Berwick.last season 

Can only improve me thinks 

We need  to take a chance on someone like that.Though Dickson might try and persuade 1 of the Thompsons

The way the format works, it should be best to have 2 strong heat leaders (as Berwick do) as they get an extra ride in heat 15, then 4 second strings on similar averages (meaning one will be at reserve) then having a 2.00 number 7 who only needs 3 rides.

Using a second 2.00 rider (meaning 8 rides for 2.00 men not 3) to allow a stronger 3rd heat leader doesn't make sense to me - unless you have very promising 2.00 reserves (like Oxford do).

So for me Etheridge is a fair 3rd heat leader in a weaker league.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I see 3 heatleaders in that Team.So some Clubs might have what some people call 3 “Heatleaders “.Obviously weakens 2nd strings and reserves.Worked for Tigers last year IMO

It only worked when they were able to sign another heat leader in place of a second string, wouldn’t have won the league with Nowak

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, GM95 said:

It only worked when they were able to sign another heat leader in place of a second string, wouldn’t have won the league with Nowak

Crystal ball hilarious.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 12:30 AM, szkocjasid said:

The way the format works, it should be best to have 2 strong heat leaders (as Berwick do) as they get an extra ride in heat 15, then 4 second strings on similar averages (meaning one will be at reserve) then having a 2.00 number 7 who only needs 3 rides.

Using a second 2.00 rider (meaning 8 rides for 2.00 men not 3) to allow a stronger 3rd heat leader doesn't make sense to me - unless you have very promising 2.00 reserves (like Oxford do).

So for me Etheridge is a fair 3rd heat leader in a weaker league.

As long as it’s the Etheridge from later in the season 

2 minutes ago, Shadders said:

As long as it’s the Etheridge from later in the season 

Most end of seasons are the same as he is always recovering from injuries.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Most end of seasons are the same as he is always recovering from injuries.

This season being an exception finishing off with paid 28pts in 2 meetings against Plymouth as well as being a hero for Sheffield

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Normski said:

This season being an exception finishing off with paid 28pts in 2 meetings against Plymouth as well as being a hero for Sheffield

You would probably got double figures against Plymouth

• Haha 1

On 11/26/2023 at 10:44 PM, Fromafar said:

We need  to take a chance on someone like that.Though Dickson might try and persuade 1 of the Thompsons

Both Thompsons at Plymouth I believe read it some where.