British Speedway Forum

What a weekend for the might Bandits, every single one them proving why they were signed as we dispatched the Comics and collected the Border Trophy.

Racing was first class at both venues and a great season opener to wet the whistle before next weeks clash with the Tigers of Glasgow.

Workington certainly seem like they could ruffle some feathers over the course of the season with Zischke and Vuolas certainly looking like hot prospects this afternoon and of course super Claus Vissing proving just how brilliant he is once again.

This season is sure to be an absolute cracker.

Question for the older supporters, remember going on a Southern Tour with Waites coaches of Chirnside,to Oxford, Weymouth,Poole,and Ellesmere Port circa 78 to 82ish if anyone can remember what year that was TIA, there's a pint on it.

21 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Question for the older supporters, remember going on a Southern Tour with Waites coaches of Chirnside,to Oxford, Weymouth,Poole,and Ellesmere Port circa 78 to 82ish if anyone can remember what year that was TIA, there's a pint on it.

This should have what you are looking for.

Speedway Researcher

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

ps

Think we were At Exeter on that tour the night before Weymouth.I remember someone in the crowd shouting at George Hunter how many rides he was going to have in the meeting.(he hated Exeter).George Cumming was the Team Manager if I remember correctly. 

Edited by Fromafar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

1982 THE 82 Club which we formed as Berwick Supporters Club ran a bus, as did Swinton branch to Ellesmere Port that day, We got stopped at Coldstream by police as that was the sad day that Susan  Maxwell went missing

• Thanks 1

1978 tour we went to Reading Monday Rained Off, Tuesday Crayford v Berwick Rained Off, Wednesday British Final at Coventry Rained Off, Thursday Oxford v Berwick humped 61-17 and Friday Ellesmere Port lost 55-25. A good week was had by all haha

1 hour ago, Normski said:

1978 tour we went to Reading Monday Rained Off, Tuesday Crayford v Berwick Rained Off, Wednesday British Final at Coventry Rained Off, Thursday Oxford v Berwick humped 61-17 and Friday Ellesmere Port lost 55-25. A good week was had by all haha

I remember the ‘81 tour am I right in thinking 4’s Peterborough,Reading,Crayford(Di’s wedding day) Coventry(Midland Riders Champ) Oxford and Finished at Peterborough.A good week. 

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I remember the ‘81 tour am I right in thinking 4’s Peterborough,Reading,Crayford(Di’s wedding day) Coventry(Midland Riders Champ) Oxford and Finished at Peterborough.A good week. 

Lady di's wedding we were in a pub in a place called Ware which is near Rye House

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Normski said:

Lady di's wedding we were in a pub in a place called Ware which is near Rye House

That’s right that’s where we stayed that night.Great tours ,happy days.Your we’re just a boy.!!!!!!!

Edited by Fromafar

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That’s right that’s where we stayed that night.Great tours ,happy days.Your we’re just a boy.!!!!!!!

the porter a tour hotel was called Drew and he got us into a pub early to watch the wedding good p buffet and a few free drinks before we went to Crayford lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

ps

Think we were At Exeter on that tour the night before Weymouth.I remember someone in the crowd shouting at George Hunter how many rides he was going to have in the meeting.(he hated Exeter).George Cumming was the Team Manager if I remember correctly. 

Thought we somewhere else but couldn't mind oh well I'll be buying my mate a pint.

Does anyone know when the provisional KOC fixture against Scunthorpe is taking place? Berwick and Scunny website has it on the 21st the BSPA website has it as the 27th

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, eric i said:

Does anyone know when the provisional KOC fixture against Scunthorpe is taking place? Berwick and Scunny website has it on the 21st the BSPA website has it as the 27th

Scunny have to race Plymouth home and away  1st so don’t think it will be anytime soon.

Edited by Fromafar

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Scunny have to race Plymouth home and away  1st so don’t think it will be anytime soon.

Well if the weather behaves and the Berwick website is correct its 16 days away.

11 hours ago, eric i said:

Well if the weather behaves and the Berwick website is correct its 16 days away.

If that’s the case then Berwick have their home fixture provisional for the 20th or the 27th.for Plymouth or Scunny.