British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

5 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

Medals should only be presented to riders who have ridden an agreed percentage of matches through the season ( which of course should have been agreed before the season). 

Bomber would be delighted with that...

He could be eligible for winners AND losers medals most seasons whether he  actually rides in the final or not....:D

10 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

I think on the night just the trophy should be presented.

Medals should only be presented to riders who have ridden an agreed percentage of matches through the season ( which of course should have been agreed before the season). 

Bit like football then, im sure any squad member had to play in 5% of league matches to receive a league winners medal, used to be set at 10% but was lowered to 5%.

14 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

I think on the night just the trophy should be presented.

It goes back a long way guests & late additions have got a medal, the earliest one I can remember was 

Hancock at Poole to the more recent one Lambert at Bellle Vue.