British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

7 hours ago, spin king junior said:

I've got my doubts any club would truly consider signing Jason and expect it to be people jumping to conclusions.

However, if Plymouth do then I really cannot see them recovering from the decision. I can completely appreciate he's done his time and ultimately Jason does deserve the opportunity at rehabilitation and leading some form of normality. But being a sportsman is a completely different kettle of fish, it's not just a job or a normal 9-5, you're front and centre in the public and an inspiration to younger fans. Would I want my kids cheering on someone who has robbed a vulnerable disabled person at knife point? Absolutely not and I can imagine most would feel the same.

Also need to consider the negative media that'll come from it. The press will have an absolute field day with it dragging Plymouth and the sport through the absolute mud.

Quite a few in the footballing world came back to clubs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/02/10-players-who-have-returned-to-football-after-time-in-prison/

Posted (edited)

There is no doubt that the crimes Jason committed were appaulling to say the least  but what chance has he of putting things right if society won't give him anopportunity to do so .He has served the sentence given him and the stigma will always be there for the rest of his life .I was just as shocked as everyone else when the details of his actions became public knowledge but I do think that he should be given an opportunityto demonstrate his rehabilitation( whether that be in s/way or any other form of employment)  and make some positive contrubutions to society which will allow people to ultimately"  possibly" forgive but not forget his transgressions.  

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

There is no doubt that the crimes Jason committed were appaulling to say the least  but what chance has he of putting things right if society won't give him anopportunity to do so .He has served the sentence given him and the stigma will always be there for the rest of his life .I was just as shocked as everyone else when the details of his actions became public knowledge but I do think that he should be given an opportunityto demonstrate his rehabilitation( whether that be in s/way or any other form of employment)  and make some positive contrubutions to society which will allow people to ultimately"  possibly" forgive but not forget his transgressions.  

Completely agree but it should be nowhere near a speedway track.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Completely agree but it should be nowhere near a speedway track.

Exactly he should be given an opportunity to prove his rehabilitation, but for his and the victims sake should be nowhere near employment in the limelight of a sport or similar, especially speedway where 99.9% of the people involved know his previous.

Very pleased to see the Gladiators win their first home meeting of the season! Who needs Garrity anyway?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2024 at 9:11 PM, Happy Hunter said:

Very pleased to see the Gladiators win their first home meeting of the season! Who needs Garrity anyway?

Big bubba from cell block 3 is probably missing him

• Haha 2