British Speedway Forum
Hooky

Sheffield Tigers 2024

Adam Ellis apparently is a done deal for Belle Vue, replacing Lidsey.

I would also think you will have Jack Holder back, with his Brother and Pickering has to be in your septet, he's been very good for the Tigers.

Then it would be Tobi or Tai for me, but we all know it's speculation. 

But who knows what will happen at the meeting to decide what happens and more importantly what tracks will make up the Prem next season.

On 10/7/2023 at 8:10 AM, RideHard said:

Will be an interesting meeting for the BSPA.. will the points limit be higher to keep teams stronger in the prem allowing better riders to stay in UK.. or will promoters not be able to afford such teams.. a lot of uncertainty. 
we are very lucky at Sheffield to have the management we have and the backing they have given, incredible. 

looking at the 2024 team I think Pickering and Kyle are certainties. I would love to have Jye Etheridge at reserve he has showed he can ride Owlerton very well, even if he doesn’t bang scores in away we need to keep the home form key to success. 

Woffy, Holder and Musielak all so good to watch unfortunately we can only have 2, maybe even 1 in 2024 which is always the sad part of having success. All 3 put bums on seats 

I think 39 for top 6 is a "strong" limit. 42 should be the average for 7 riders, most RS are 4 or 3.5, so teams are effectively building to 42.5 or 43. Any limit at 42 or above stops the league getting weaker.

Edited by szkocjasid

6 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

1. Jack Holder

2. ??????

3. ??????

4. ??????

5. Tobi Musielak

6. Jye Etheridge

7. Lee Complin

I would expect the Rising Star programme to continue, so I think you can count out Lee Complin of that team.

I would also say that since he came back to the sport Lee is a Championship reserve standard, he was a terrific, exciting rider in past, but past is the past. 

38 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

1. Jack Holder

2. ??????

3. ??????

4. ??????

5. Tobi Musielak

6. Jye Etheridge

7. Lee Complin

Tobi not coming back next year

Would Woffinden be welcome? If he did really use foul language over the PA system, and directed it at Ipswich fans, surely that didn't exactly impress the main sponsor of both clubs?

3 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Would Woffinden be welcome? If he did really use foul language over the PA system, and directed it at Ipswich fans, surely that didn't exactly impress the main sponsor of both clubs?

I'd expect if he shows so much as a whiff of interest then people will bend over backwards to get him in. Sadly.

28 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Much worse things have been said at speedway tracks. If Woffy wants to be back, I'm sure Sheffield will more than welcome to having him back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Tobi not coming back next year

Would be a big surprise if he didn’t return! Always seemed reliable to UK and happy when he’s been here. 

52 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Makes no difference because he has signed a contract for next season already.

7 minutes ago, Aries said:

Would be a big surprise if he didn’t return! Always seemed reliable to UK and happy when he’s been here. 

I meant in the term that he isn’t coming back to Sheffield next year* I expect him to sign for a premiership club though! Oxford or Birmingham maybe? (If they come up)

Edited by Hooky

On 10/7/2023 at 1:26 PM, Hooky said:

Ellis is off to Belle Vue to joint his mate Dan.

I imagine the points limit may get increased to keep more “big hitters” included in teams to attract more fans.

If this one fits I would personally go with:

1. J Holder 8.91
  2. Howarth 5.47
  3. C Holder 6.67
  4. Pickering 6.53
  5. Woffinden 8.26
  6. Etheridge 4.00
  7. Edwards/Gilkes/Boughen

Don’t think that will be too far off it.. possibly not fit Chris Holder in though 

6 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I meant in the term that he isn’t coming back to Sheffield next year* I expect him to sign for a premiership club though! Oxford or Birmingham maybe? (If they come up)

So he has signed a contract already.

For team which team Oxford or Birmingham, make you mind up.

4 minutes ago, spin king said:

So he has signed a contract already.

For team which team Oxford or Birmingham, make you mind up.

Never said he has signed a contract, just saying he ain’t coming back to Sheffield mate. Pains me to say it too because he has been a class act for us.

13 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Never said he has signed a contract, just saying he ain’t coming back to Sheffield mate. Pains me to say it too because he has been a class act for us.

Funny because I could have sworn you said that he had already signed a contract for next season.