British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

6 hours ago, Marksman said:

Agreed, I think Pearson will average 6+ and be nowhere near reserve. Complin will probably kick on near a 5 point average with his home form especially.

Not sure about Ace after watching him last season there are better 2.00 riders out there this season. But Glasgow will be certs for the play offs imo.

WHAT!!!!!!!! Riding with Harris in 3 races & against oppositions 3 heat leaders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like you lot jinxed Pearson or spoke too soon! :unsure:

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Looks like you lot jinxed Pearson or spoke too soon! :unsure:

Is he injured? 

3 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Is he injured? 

Think he got 4 points according to speedway updates. Meeting not completed yet.

11 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Is he injured? 

I meant as he didn't score as many as last time? But tbf I was viewing it after H16. But he has since doubled his score. So maybe I spoke too soon as well! 

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I meant as he didn't score as many as last time? But tbf I was viewing it after H16. But he has since doubled his score. So maybe I spoke too soon as well! 

There's perhaps a wee lesson here, perhaps you might think twice in the future. Do you think you're capable of doing that? 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

There's perhaps a wee lesson here, perhaps you might think twice in the future. Do you think you're capable of doing that? 

Good little rider Pearson I wish he was still with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseq7 said:

Nope, but then again everyone thought he was going to be a HL after one good meeting in Aussie so maybe they learnt their lesson too? Can't just have it one way. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nope, but then again everyone thought he was going to be a HL after one good meeting in Aussie so maybe they learnt their lesson too? Can't just have it one way. 

Who said that? That's absolute nonsense Lisa, was pointed out he had a decent meeting. But it's a bad day when beating a prem number 1 and getting slated for it. Based on his experience 4 points is about his level, especially as had to work for his when bowes and west were gifted most of theirs by retirements! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Is he injured? 

She just see's things in black and white and she's usually negative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Her reply says it all. 

On 1/5/2024 at 4:58 PM, IronScorpion said:

WHAT!!!!!!!! Riding with Harris in 3 races & against oppositions 3 heat leaders.

Good point, I never considered how much harder it should be for a number 2 to get a decent average compared to a number 4. I tend to think about who they race against, rather than finishing behind your number one making it harder to gain points.

Will Pearson be at number 2 though? 

8 hours ago, tyretrax said:

I've never known her to be 'negative' about anything and she's one of the most chilled members on this site. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I didn’t see any comments about him being a HL - we have 3 very capable HL - lets put this into perspective - he is 18, 2 years only on a 500, was a number 6 last year and scored very well for Plymouth, he has had a very good start to his Aussie season racing against premiership and SGP riders in the Aussie title. Totally holding his own and scoring above expectations - taking some very good scalps along the way. Leave the kid alone and let him develop. If we do that he may well be a very good asset for Glasgow.

And I know for a fact Poole also wanted him but he wanted Glasgow, so lets get behind him and support him.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

Is he injured? 

No - if you watched the live stream the track was an absolute abortion - all the riders struggled and the meeting was abandoned.