British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Grand Prix Rounds - Reserve Riders.

During a Grand Prix do the meeting reserves points count towards the overall standings.

For example, if for some strange reason a reserve ends up in the top eight of the qualifying heats (1-20) would they go into the semi-finals?  If not would the 9th placed rider do so?

Also, if this were to happen worth the  reserve rider get the Grand Prix points?  I.e, 1st, 25pts etc.

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, a4poster said:

During a Grand Prix do the meeting reserves points count towards the overall standings.

For example, if for some strange reason a reserve ends up in the top eight of the qualifying heats (1-20) would they go into the semi-finals?  If not would the 9th placed rider do so?

Also, if this were to happen worth the  reserve rider get the Grand Prix points?  I.e, 1st, 25pts etc.

Thanks.

Yes. It happened in SGP2 this season which uses the same system.

Will Drejer got 8 from 4 reserve rides in Vojens and went on to the semi (and final) scoring 16 GP points for finishing third

Edited by arnieg

Thank you very much for your reply.  I wasn't sure if it was possible or not.

My next question then, if one of the top eight scorers after the twenty qualifying heats has had to withdraw from the meeting, would the semi-final they should be in run with a rider less (i.e, three riders only) or would the rider in ninth place be promoted to that spot.

Thanks again.

39 minutes ago, a4poster said:

Thank you very much for your reply.  I wasn't sure if it was possible or not.

My next question then, if one of the top eight scorers after the twenty qualifying heats has had to withdraw from the meeting, would the semi-final they should be in run with a rider less (i.e, three riders only) or would the rider in ninth place be promoted to that spot.

Thanks again.

You may find this https://www.fim-moto.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/2023/2023_FIM_Speedway_Grand_Prix_World_Championship_rulebook.pdf?t=1680053943 of interest