British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

He didn’t get it in 23. But was mid high 8 for several seasons.

His average last year was higher but tailed off towards the end, maybe realising he had to find a new team, a lower average certainly helps. He's better than his current average for sure.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 8:31 AM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Stronger league now...better riders ..

Quite possibly yes. Had been one of the better top riders in the top flight for several seasons however.

On 1/27/2024 at 10:02 AM, Call me wolfie said:

His average last year was higher but tailed off towards the end, maybe realising he had to find a new team, a lower average certainly helps. He's better than his current average for sure.

Yes I think that’s a possibility. He went bang out of form from mid season onwards. 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2024 at 10:54 AM, Hamish McRaker said:

No pressure, but if Drew Kemp can step things up, Leicester will be strong contenders. I think that Becker could turn out to be the signing that gives the top 5 another genuine heats 13&15 performer. Hope I am proved wrong, but Masters might be beyond his best years now.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2024 at 4:45 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

True...Masters is a 3 or 4 in team these day ...Luke should  improve ...Kemp is a talent .just needs to prove it ...

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2024 at 11:23 PM, szkocjasid said:

I'd put Kemp in the bottom half of the number 6s, but that shouldn't be an issue as the teams strength is their top 5.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2024 at 5:52 PM, FishersGate said:

I think its much better side than last year. Its arguably weaker than most at reserve but the top 5 is one of the strongest in the league. Fricke should have another strong season and has the 3rd best average in the league. Douglas and masters are both brilliant at leicester. Douglas is a far better rider now since his last stint at the club. Masters should benefit from riding at.either 2,3,4 or even 5. Lawson is solid and will probably partner fricke at 2. Becker is the the wild card but have heard nothing but good stuff about him. Stewart also has a great advantage of the riding order. 

He could be unorthodox and change it up every few meetings. I'd personally go for this line up

1. Fricke 2. Lawson 3. Becker 4. Masters. 5. Douglas.

If saying that Leicester have a strong top 5, what are your expectations of what Drew should score?

Barring injuries, he should ride at no6 all season & he will ride with his fellow reserve in heat 2 BUT with one of your top 5 in his other three!

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

If saying that Leicester have a strong top 5, what are your expectations of what Drew should score?

Barring injuries, he should ride at no6 all season & he will ride with his fellow reserve in heat 2 BUT with one of your top 5 in his other three!

Good question. I suppose that putting an extra point on his (unreduced) average would be fine with Leicester and their supporters

4 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Good question. I suppose that putting an extra point on his (unreduced) average would be fine with Leicester and their supporters

Most of the comments on this thread relating to Kemp pretty much sum him up. He will be 22 this year but has been around a while. If he is going places he really needs to kick on this season and put at least a point on his average (currently just over 4). From what I’ve seen of him he is great if he traps but isn’t that keen to chase down and jostle opponents, particularly in tight situations. We all know he has potential, but that word has a sell by date! Really hope this is his year.

16 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Most of the comments on this thread relating to Kemp pretty much sum him up. He will be 22 this year but has been around a while. If he is going places he really needs to kick on this season and put at least a point on his average (currently just over 4). From what I’ve seen of him he is great if he traps but isn’t that keen to chase down and jostle opponents, particularly in tight situations. We all know he has potential, but that word has a sell by date! Really hope this is his year.

If he reaches a 5, he then needs to score 7 at home & 3 away. BIG ask!

17 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

D .Kemp  doesnt  like to mix it ...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

If he reaches a 5, he then needs to score 7 at home & 3 away. BIG ask!

Needs to do better  away than that...needs to kick on this year . 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 2:08 PM, IronScorpion said:

Number 6 is far harder than number 7, so if Kemp can reach 4.00 he'll have done well imo

• Like 2

21 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Number 6 is far harder than number 7, so if Kemp can reach 4.00 he'll have done well imo

Should  be aiming higher than that . At least a 5.00 ave ...

If he's not mixing it now, then he never will (imo).....he will always be a gate n go type rider.....

Sam Hagon, will supersede Kemp in no time at all!

38 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

If he's not mixing it now, then he never will (imo).....he will always be a gate n go type rider.....

He didnt mix it at m.g ..Those type of riders will nva  hit the top ...

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Some of the best riders ever have been gate and go merchants... they just do it consistently

17 minutes ago, iainb said:

Some of the best riders ever have been gate and go merchants... they just do it consistently

True but Kemp wont mix it in the first bend ..