British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester Lions 2024

Popped in to watch a bit of practice... first thing I'm greeted with under the new regime is Lake Leicester covering the whole of the entrance to the stadium like a moat! Would it have really hurt for somebody to have brushed it all away? There was a big top circus camped next door and some of their punters may have been tempted to have a look at what all of the noise was about... but they'd have to have pole vaulted over it... I really do despair sometimes, same old speedway, smh.

Perhaps that was @davieb1 's job :D

Other than that, good to see, hear and smell the bikes again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Popped in to watch a bit of practice... first thing I'm greeted with under the new regime is Lake Leicester covering the whole of the entrance to the stadium like a moat! Would it have really hurt for somebody to have brushed it all away? There was a big top circus camped next door and some of their punters may have been tempted to have a look at what all of the noise was about... but they'd have to have pole vaulted over it... I really do despair sometimes, same old speedway, smh.

Which circus did they go to lol

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, iainb said:

The water was brushed away a number of time throughout the day. The enterence to the stadium is lower than the land around it so once brushed or even pumped away water leaches out of the soil and returns to the lowest point.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

The water was brushed away a number of time throughout the day. The enterence to the stadium is lower than the land around it so once brushed or even pumped away water leaches out of the soil and returns to the lowest point.

Not at 6:30 when the gates were opened to the public though. I'm afraid when you open things to the public these are the little things that need thinking about and addressing

Edited by iainb

17 hours ago, iainb said:

I came across Neil Machin once just outside the gate, working hard with a sweeping brush to clear a giant puddle. But the water just ran back again. Probably needs some drainage work to resolve properly, which would be down to the landlord Mr Hemsley to carry out! However, during his days as promoter, DH would probably have commandeered several stewards (and maybe a couple of riders!) to get out there with brooms!

On 3/12/2024 at 10:55 AM, W9 Lion said:

No, its a public response to clarify the clubs position.

Who are you to “clarify the clubs position” ? All you are is a jumped up commercial manager who clearly thinks he represents the club on every aspect now .

Steward staffing has nothing to do you. Maybe let the club clarify their position if it needs to be clarified publicly. 

People’s private messages should stay private not released into the public. I believe you have crossed the line .

On 3/11/2024 at 8:29 PM, therefused said:

Why post such cryptic comments? If you know something just post it 

I'd also question the need to include the word "female". Would Stewart Dickson be called "male promoter"? Dodgy

• Like 1