British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Wolverhampton 2025

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely the 'new' Wolves won't want to race on a Friday?! Rob Godrey would have a fit!!:t:

I used to love it when we rode on a Friday. Great night out, and still had the weekend to come. And not having to et up for work.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MattB said:

It'll be a very basic venue to start with.  Not a chance of the stadium being at the same standard as the NSS from the word go.

Long way to go, bit hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel for us getting back.  The only concern would be getting to the site on public transport if its any distance away.  Fine work those of us with cars, but maybe not so much for those who used to hop on the 79 bus to get to Monmore

No chance of that in the long run either. Wolves Council will be unwilling/incapable of providing the same level of support that Belle Vue have had from Manchester Council. 

4 hours ago, Biffa said:

And don’t forget that CVS has had a hand in doing this before at Redcar. Very basic to start with but perseverance and patience will bring improvements. 

Does anyone have any information how that all began was it supported by the local council or privately?

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

I used to love it when we rode on a Friday. Great night out, and still had the weekend to come. And not having to et up for work.  

Yeah .i agree ...Fridays was good...

Wish them well

Most brownfield within that sort of time from City Centre would be either in the Monmore vicinity or on the old industrial sites round by Goodyear. 

There are very nice residential areas out towards Penn, Tettenhall, Bridgnorth and Pendeford, Perton, that would never get planning permission. 

Jaguar site at M54 or within current Bilston area would sound most logical. 

What Wolves do have is a Council VERY keen on Sport in general, team and Olympic Sports and Amateur sports. 

51 minutes ago, HGould said:

Wish them well

Most brownfield within that sort of time from City Centre would be either in the Monmore vicinity or on the old industrial sites round by Goodyear. 

There are very nice residential areas out towards Penn, Tettenhall, Bridgnorth and Pendeford, Perton, that would never get planning permission. 

Jaguar site at M54 or within current Bilston area would sound most logical. 

What Wolves do have is a Council VERY keen on Sport in general, team and Olympic Sports and Amateur sports. 

Yes most of the derelict industrial sites are between Monmore and the railway station with virtually zero housing to worry about. Who owns them is another question altogether, it's probably not Wolverhampton Council that's for sure. Presumably a commercially owned site is unlikely to be affordable for Wolves unless it's offered on reduced terms 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Yes most of the derelict industrial sites are between Monmore and the railway station with virtually zero housing to worry about. Who owns them is another question altogether, it's probably not Wolverhampton Council that's for sure. Presumably a commercially owned site is unlikely to be affordable for Wolves unless it's offered on reduced terms 

It has been said we are looking at land owned by the council, site is near I54 for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beowulf said:

No chance of that in the long run either. Wolves Council will be unwilling/incapable of providing the same level of support that Belle Vue have had from Manchester Council. 

Tai has promised some funding I believe, ongoing income from bmx and grass track should allow for progressive development.

2 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

It has been said we are looking at land owned by the council, site is near I54 for sure.

That makes sense, fingers crossed it's a runner 

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

When the football club were in trouble the council stepped in. I believe they own the land on which Molineux stands, Wolves own the infrastructure ie the stadium. Therefore, the council control what happens on that land. I, obviously stand to be corrected on this, if it has changed. So if the council own the rumoured site at i54, I would take that as a very positive sign. They are not going to pump loads of money in, but if they 'allow' speedway a presence, that would be a very good start.

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Tai has promised some funding I believe, ongoing income from bmx and grass track should allow for progressive development.

Has Tai offered a couple of earrings and some free tattoo sessions ?

The new Jaguar/Land Rover engine factory by Junction 2 of the M54. About 3 miles north of Wolverhampton centre on the A449.

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Where exactly is site l54???.

Up by M54 J2 there are some parcels of land big enough for a track.